Crossover problem

Username: Dx32v

Post Number: 3
I am trying to set the LPF and HPF for my amp. The LPF is 30Hz to 250Hz and HPF is 20Hz to 100Hz. The problem is there are no marks in between the lowest and highest frequencies and I don't know how to figure it out. Also if my box is tuned at 45Hz should the HPF be at or a little below it?

Silver Member
Username: James_g

TN

Post Number: 308
The HPF is used for mids and highs, not your subs.

What amp do you have?

If the setting goes from 30Hz to 250Hz, then half-way would be 140Hz. Just figure it out in increments.

Silver Member

TN

Post Number: 309
By the way, the HPF should be the one which can be adjusted to the higher frequency, not vice versa.

Silver Member
Username: Tdisanto

Post Number: 427
Middle isnt always middle. The controls are really variable resistors and dont always behave the way they think they do. The best way if they arnt marked is to go by ear. Set it until they sound best and leave them there.

Unregistered guest
I have a similar question, in regards to the crossovers, should the hpf and the lpf be set to the same frequency, that is hpf at 80hz and lpf at 80hz or can there be a gap (eg) hpf at 120hz and the lpf at 80hz?

Silver Member

TN

Post Number: 338
Are you running subs, mids, or both on this amp? If you're running subs, you just use the LPF. If you're running mids, you just use the HPF. If this is a 4-channel and you're powering both subs and mids, then it must have 2 seperate crossovers for the respective channels in order for you to use both.

What amp is it and what are you powering?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us