Solo X 12" or SX 15"

Bronze Member
Username: Rickeyd87

Post Number: 28
ok i currently have two SX 15" but only one is hooked up and the other dont fit in my trunk...i want a 12" sub that is a little louder than a SX15...will the 12" Solo X get louder than one SX 15? i am thinking about selling my two 15"s and buying one 12"...i can get the SOLO X shipped for $425...or would a RE MT 12 get louder than a SOLO X 12? what should i get?

Bronze Member
Username: Need4bass

We-Be-Swamps, Louisiana

Post Number: 70
Not sure about all of your other factors (SPL vs SQ, ported, sealed, music preference, amp, etc) but I'd use the RE.

Silver Member
Username: Homegrowncam

Watauga, TX United States

Post Number: 103
Just like the last guy said it all depends on if you are running the correct wattage and the right sizes box and all.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
I want mostly SPL, Ported...I listen to mostly rap....not sure what amp i should get yet...what amp can push a 12" MT ? and would 36w x 19h x 15d box be big enough for the 12" MT? thats the biggest box that will fit in my trunk....and around how much is a 12" MT?

Bronze Member
Username: Eprussian07

Post Number: 58
Amp - A pretty big and expensive one. That sub has like a 2500-5000W RMS range. lol.

The sub goes for $419 before shipping off of www.reaudio.com
As far as enclosure, go to the website and see the specs.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
would an Orion 2500D push a 12" MT? that amp is 2500 watts rms at 1 ohm, i know the MT is a .7 and 1.4 ohm load, so if i wired it into a 1 ohm load how many watts rms would the sub be getting? all i need to do now is sell my two RE SX15 with the enclosures and sell my two amps and the MT will be mine...is that Orion amp any good? i can get it for $500 shipped....

Silver Member
Username: Camaro155mph

Post Number: 265
rickey, with those box measurements, it sounds like u have a camaro....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
i have a 95' taurus...the trunk goes back pretty deep but its just small at the top where you slide the box down...but would those dimensions that i listed earlier be a big enough box for either the SOLO X 12 or the RE MT 12?

Bronze Member
Username: Mattc6465

Post Number: 27
i heard that RE doesnt offer warranties. is this true?

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1348
RE doesnt offer a warranty on the MT line because it is built to be abused...(spl comps)

the warranty all their other lines though.

Bronze Member
Username: Mattc6465

Post Number: 28
oh ok.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
well if they dont offer warranties then i might as well get the Solo X 12, because i am going to use this as a daily driving sub...and if it blows i dont want to have to just throw it away. and the solo x isnt at no.7ohm or 1.4 ohm which i dont understand at all...im running either sub to a Orion 2500d amp(2500 watts rms @ 1 ohm)....im starting to want to get the solo x since its easier to order and i can get a warranty on it...but if the mt can get louder i might just get that...so can someone please help me make up my mind on what i should get
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us