Dynamat make a difference?

Bronze Member
Username: Brandonmoody

Rushville, Indiana United States

Post Number: 26
I'm going to put dynamat extreme in my trunk. Will it give me that much more spl? Will it increase my SQ? Is dynamat even worth the money?

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3895
You won't notice a huge difference, but it definitely helps. Anything you can do to help deaden the car is good. All that rattling and stuff vibrating is just a waste of energy, that could otherwise be used to create sound.

I personally think regular Dynamat is a rip-off, the product is good, but there's plenty of other brands that work just as well for a lot less. (Sounds like JL, hehe)

Silver Member
Username: Caraudio

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 314
Joe you mean somthing like eDead?

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3906
Yep, I used eDead in my car. There's a few other brands that are very similar too.

Silver Member
Username: Robert_d

MIA, FL USA

Post Number: 245
i seen a deadner its comes in a paint bucket and u literally paint it on
i saw it on ebay anybody knows of that i cant seem to find it again
also how does that peel and seal stuff work from homedepo ?

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3916
There's a few differen't liquid sound deadeners - they work good for tight areas and sharp corners/edges that it would be really hard to put a mat on. The liquid stuff looks better since it's one big perfect coat.

The roofing stuff from honedepot works pretty decent. I think it may have tar in it though, so on hot days it stinks somewhat.

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 206
dynamat definatley helps it made my subs sound better on the higher fq b/c my trunk would flex and all i could hear was the metal rattling. it makes the subs have a clearer sound also depending on much dynamat you use you will notice a big increase in spl. on the Dynamat packaging it says if you use the full extreme kit in your trunk you could have as much as a 3 db gain. if you go w/ dynamat get the extreme the original sucks doesn't stick to wear you put it and not as easy to work w/ as the extreme.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3921
" the original sucks doesn't stick to wear you put it and not as easy to work w/ as the extreme."

You need to heat the orgininal stuff up. Believe it or not, I used a little mini torch to heat my eDead up, just hold it far enough away and the stuff gets warm nice and fast...

Silver Member
Username: Camaro155mph

Post Number: 268
sound deadening material will also make the system sound better from outside correct??? You will hear just the bass hitting, and not the trunk/car rattling... right?

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3922
Sound deadening is meant to keep the sound IN. If your car is properly deadened, you shouldn't hear much from the outside.

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 208
joe i kow you have to heat it up. since i live in florida i used to set out the dynamat outside for about 10-20 min( during the summer when it's almost 100 out!) and then i would go to work but even doing that the orignal just obviously isn't as good as the extreme.

mike yes and no, if your subs don't rattle a whole lot to begin w/ and you sound deaden the entire vehicle you may not be able to hear bass outside the vehicle at all. w/ my car it still rattles a little but you mainly hear the bass and not the rattling of the trunk.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us