WHAT KIND OF SUBS DO I NEED??? HELP

Username: Dustin3

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 2
HEY,

I have A audiobahn A8002T amplifier stable @ 2 ohms and 800 peak power. what kind of subs would i need????? for one sub: How many voice coils and how many ohms would i need. What about 2 12 inch subs?

how would i wire the subs?? if i had 1 or two???

Anonymous

dont take this the wrong way but everyone needs to quit getting people to tell them what to get. try it on your own. ppl are going to have different opinons. just do a little research and find out what you want.

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 194
you could get 2 single voice coil 4 ohm subs w/ a 350-400 rms wired in parallel that will give you a 2 ohm load, or you could get 2 dual 2 ohm voice coil subs that would wire to a 2 ohm load. you could also get 1 dual 4 ohm subwoofer and give it the full 800 rms.

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 4
you said that i could get 2 dual, 2 ohm voice coil subs... so your saying for each sub get a dual voice coil, and a 2 ohms???

what wiring would i use for that... Parallel?? becasue you said i can wire it to go back down to a 2 ohm load buy my amp is already 2 ohm stable...????

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 5
i am thinking about getting 2 12" kicker compvr's

or just 1 12" L5

what would i need for each of these choices..

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 196
so for the 2 compvr 12's you would need 2 of the dual 2 ohm subs. and for the 1 L5 you would need 1 dual 4 ohm sub. wire either one in parallel to give you that 2 ohm load. http://mobile.jlaudio.com/support_pages.php?page_id=145 had a wiring tutorial w/ pics of different possibilities.

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 6
the thing is, is that my owners manuel that came with my amp says that for parelel i need my

2 ohm stable amp to --- 2 dual coice coils, but 4 ohms each not 2 ohms...

There is a page in my OM that says

series/parallel dual 2 - and it shows that if you have a 2 ohm sub, you would need to get 2 dual, 2 ohm subs

but then their is also one that says:

Parallel/Parallel dual 2 - and it shows a 2 ohm amp that connects to a dual, 4 ohm sub... then if i were to add another sub it would be 2 dual, 4 ohm subs.

which one is right?????

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 8
the 2 dual, 4 ohm subs... right

Bronze Member
Username: Eprussian07

Post Number: 50
www.the12volt.com
www.wickedcases.com/tutorials/index.html
www.bcae1.com
www.google.com
And the search engine on this forum

All I got to say.

Silver Member
Username: Hondarider

Glidden, Iowa U.S.

Post Number: 115
uhm if your amp is 800 watts peak the that would not be enogh for 2 kicker compvrs \. how many watts rms is your amp?

Tigard, Or U.S.

Post Number: 9
no my amp is 1600 watts peak, 800 watts when bridged...

so yea, if i want to power 2 compvr's 400 wtts RMS each i would get (2) dual, 4 ohm subs because one of the guys @ crutchfeild advsor said that i would need this, but you are telling me i dont... i want to bridge it parallel

which one is right because on that www.12volt.com websight it says if i have a 2 ohm stable amp i should get 2 dual, 4 ohm subs

right?????????????
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us