Are profile amps anygood?

Username: Sandmanz400

Reserve, N.M. U.S.

Post Number: 2
I am wanting to get the Profile CL1200 Clarus series amp from crutchfield but before i get the amp

i need to know how good profile clarus series amps are?

what is the word on them?
what do u think?

Reserve, N.M. U.S.

Post Number: 3
By the way my E-mail is : sandman_z400@hotmail.com

Bronze Member
Username: Josebyron

Pacoima, California USA

Post Number: 19
From what Glasswolf told me a couple of weeks ago, Profile is a brand to be avoided. From my own experience, also, stay clear of it. I had both a four channel amplifier and an electronic crossover from them, spent time and money trying to get rid of engine noise only to find out it was coming from the amplifier. Even the Pyle I got to replace it (at the time) was better in that department. Now I know to avoid Pyle as well.

For the same price and also available at Crutchfield, I'd probably go with US Acoustics.

Vance
Unregistered guest
I disagree. I know many many people over at the Partsexpress board like them and I have had NO problems with My 800SX at all. It sounds as good as my cousins MTX THunder 6152. I would hafta agree the a US Acoustics would be better...But Profile arent junk.

Reserve, N.M. U.S.

Post Number: 9
hey thank u both. hey keep the info coming on profile amp and the good suggestions.

what do you guys thank of alpine.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 1648
instead of the inquisition on every brand, why not give us a price range, and the amount of power you need, and what it's for and maybe we can offer our best solution based on that.
It'd save time.

Bronze Member

Reserve, N.M. U.S.

Post Number: 12
iam spending a $1050 on a system i was at first going to get two R-Type apline 10's but now i want two W7 10's and i really like the CL1200 profile amp but before i get it i wanted to now what people think of profile.

i would really love it if i could find a killer deal on a MRD-1001

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 1661
if you're getting JL 10W7s, don't insult them with lousy amplifiers.
but good amps for good subs, like the JL 500/1, or a Kicker KX600.1
Zapco is another good alternative.

Unregistered guest
the profile clarus series provide good clean wattage, but keep in mind that they aren't going to pound, however they will sound fine, just stay away from the bass boost...

Username: Igotbass2

Da burgh, Pa Ur kiddin

Post Number: 8
profile is junk u would blow a w7 cuz u would be under powering it

tdontknow
Unregistered guest
special T.... you cant blow a speaker by under powering it, who ever told you that lied to you otherwise your speaker would blow every time you turned the volume down, speakers blow when an amp starts clipping

Bronze Member

Da burgh, Pa Ur kiddin

Post Number: 11
wow ur an idiot turning ur radio doesnt have anything to do with the power of a amp if u have a amp that ir 1200 watts no matter where ur radio is ur subs still get the wattage

Tdontknow
Unregistered guest
maybe you should read up on clipping, you might understand things a bit better then. YOU CANT BLOW A SPEAKER BY UNDER POWERING IT.

Bronze Member

Da burgh, Pa Ur kiddin

Post Number: 13
ok !!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us