Username: Sbrizzi

Boone, Nc

Post Number: 7
can u put dynomat inside the box will it make it louder

Bronze Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 44
You can line the inside of a sub box on a small enclosure (not sure what the product is anymore) to "trick" the sub in thinking that it's in a bigger box, therefore allowing it to play harder. I believe that's how it works.

Silver Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 672
its called polyfill. It tricks the sub into thinking that there is more airspace than there really is. You can also line the inside of the box with dynamat. Speakers "resonate", Which means that when a speaker gives off sound, it goes forward and backwards. The sound that goes backward hits the box and bounces back in the speakers path. So then you have 2 sets of frequencies playing at one time, which is a bad thing for SQ. If you add dynamat, it will minimize that effect or eliminate it totally.

Silver Member
Username: Caraudio

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 260
Ryan that last part minimize what the bad effect of loosing SQ or eliminate bad SQ:S?

Also where would i find some good Edead or Dynamat to stopp trunk rattle in a civic 2005 the trunk door is just going crazy.!

Silver Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 674
eliminating speaker resonance increases SQ.

Edead is available by the foot at www.elementaldesigns.com

dynamat xtreme is available on ebay.

there are copy cats too: brown bread, phatmat, etc.

dynamat works the best and is easiest to install in my opinion.

Username: Dubking

Vancouver, BC Canada

Post Number: 6
no matter what you do in an 05 civic, you aren't going to be able to stop the rattle, did a 04 civic same thing with a jl w7 and a jl 500 mono block amp, i did 3 bulk packs of extreme dynamat those packs arent cheap (199cdn each) and it still rattled, the biggest problem I found whas the trunk lock cylinder, if you have the money, and it isn't a loaned vehicle get it shaved, and put in a electronic trunk pop, good luck

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2255
"dynamat works the best and is easiest to install in my opinion."

finally, someone who agrees. lol

Bronze Member
Username: Eprussian07

Post Number: 15
So is it a good idea / worth it to Dynomat the inside of your box? :-X
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums