Wires, please help...

Bronze Member
Username: Tyler33

Post Number: 33
Hey guys I just got my Legacy LA2060 amp today and my 2 Audiobahn AW102N 10 inch subs. This is my first system. When I baught my car the guy took his system out so I have the blue and red cords still in the trunk ready to hook up. I am going to make the boxes this weekend and attempt to hook it up. I didn't get any wires with anything except for 2 little wires along with my amp. DO I need anything, if so what do I need where can I buy it? I dont wanna wait to get it over the internet. Also which way should the subs be facing in my trunk? Anyone that could help would be GREATLY appreciated. I want to complete everything this weekend. Thanks in advance.

Anonymous

well i'll do my best. i'll go on the fact that you DO have a aftermarket headunit (cd player).

the amplifier will require basically 4 wires.
+ from the battery
- to the ground
REM- remote turn on, a small wire that carries a
12v signal from the headunit

the interconnects (RCA) coming from the HU, carries the audio signal

that's the basics.. you will however need a fuse at the battery.

i'd recommend starting over. buy an amp kit from knukonceptz.com the 8guage or 4guage eko will work fine for the legacy. probably doesnt draw much current

that kit will come with EVERYTHING you need for about 30 dollars. it's a deal you cannot beat

go to crutchfield.com and find the learning center - has helpful guides for basic amp hookups

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
Well my dad and I just looked and everything seems to be in the car already. Usually does wires coem witht he subs to hook up to the amp. I have everything to hook up from my car to the amp by the looks of it. Do I just get regular speaker wire to run from the amp to the speakers, where should I get that from, I want to buy local.

Anonymous

honestly... go to wal-mart... and get some decent speaker wire.. if you have a choice, get 12guage and Oxygen Free Copper. but with that setup it wont really matter. radio shack is another choice. you can get some good stuff at circuit city but will pay more (generally i DON'T recommend circuit city) but tsunami stuff is good, just pricy... anything over 12guage for speaker wire is overkill and is done simply for looks..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
I was at fleet today and got speaker wire. 3 bucks for 20 inches or it. I beleive its 12 guage. I am in the process of hooking everything up right now. I got my 3/4 inch MDF wood. I didn't get any carpet though. Question do you need carpet? Or can I just spray paint the boxes black to match the trunk? If I dont put carpet over the box, does it hurt anything? Also which way should my subs face?

Anonymous

nope, don't need carpet, but if i were you i would get some weather stripping to put down around where the sub will be mounted.. helps the seal. spray paint is fine for a box, but mdf is known to absorb some paint so a sealant would be best first
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us