Rockford Power hx2 12" problems

Username: Rockfordfreak

New Caney, Texas U.S.A.

Post Number: 2
I recently bought a power hx2 12" dual 2ohm sub and for some reason it is not playing as it should. my acctual sub is the he2 12" dual 4ohm and it hits much harder than the hx2. im running it in a sealed 1 square foot mdf board box and wired series with the 851s rockford amp briged. I checked the voice coils with an ohm meter and both coils read as 2.3 the rockford guy said that the reading was good but i havent seen much intelligence from them yet so if you can please help me diagnose the problem.

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 3025
Number 1, the HX2's are power monsters!
I have the regular HX2's... giving each 400 watts rms, which is only underpowering them by 100 watts.
I still have to have the bass controls in the HU turned up, as well as the bass boost on the amp, and they still could use a little extra power.
With that aside, you've checked the ground/all the wiring?

New Caney, Texas U.S.A.

Post Number: 3
All wiring is good it plays my he2 alsome except for the recent development of the rcas creating bass noises from being hit around. You can tap them and the sub will hit kind of like a microphone.

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 3039
Hmmm, I don't think that should have anything to do with it, as long as they're getting a connection.
It does work, it just doesn't seem like its getting enough power right?

Username: Loud_and_low

Post Number: 5
I personally owned a Power HX2 15 and initially built a 1.5^3 ft sealed enclosure for it and although it sounded okay it was very quiet for a 15 with around 1000watts rms. Next i built the largest rockford recommended ported enclosure 4.5^3 for the 15 and it pounded pretty darn hard it def. is a power hog though took a grand rms all day long no problem. I ended up getting rid of it because they sound like complete a*s*s but they do get good and loud.

New Caney, Texas U.S.A.

Post Number: 4
Ya the sub plays but not very loud and the face of the sub is hitting out pretty far its just not loud. Its like its playing at a frequency i cant hear or something. Another wierd thing is that i put a cap in because playing the he2 was making my headlights dim and of course that fixed my problem but playing the hx2, its like i didnt even add it. I guess i need to find a friend with a ported sub box and try that.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us