Kicker, Alpine, or Rockford

Bronze Member
Username: Davidnolen

Lexington, South Carolina USA

Post Number: 17
What's a better buy; 12 inch Kicker CVR12, 12 inch Alpine SWE-1242, or the Rockford 12 inch Punch P212S4. I'm going to look at some tomorrow. Give me some ideas please.

Bronze Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

Post Number: 52
look at the alpine R's there loud and have some SQ also the kicker cvrs are ok. personally id stay away from the rockford punch series and the alpine Es

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
Well I have a Pioneer 800 Watt mono block amplifier. Would that amp be strong enough to push the R's?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
I have a 800 Pioneer Mono Block amp. Would that amp push the R's and make great sound?

Bronze Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 32
is that 800 watts RMS, or 800 watts PEAK? Also, what are the RMS ratings at 4 ohms, 2 ohms, etc.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
Here is the specs I got offline for it:

800W peak power

250W RMS (continuous) x 1 @ 4 ohms, 10Hz - 24kHz, 0.008% THD

360W RMS (continuous) x 1 @ 2 ohms, 10Hz - 24kHz, 0.008% THD

PWM MOSFET circuitry delivers clean high power with minimal heat dispersion

Variable 40-240Hz low-pass crossover

Selectable bass boost up to 12dB at 50Hz

2-channel speaker-level input; 2-channel RCA inputs

Other features include balanced isolator input circuit and screw-type speaker terminals

Signal-to-noise ratio: 100dB

What would you reccomend I get??

Bronze Member

Canada

Post Number: 33
is that 800 watts RMS, or 800 watts PEAK? Also, what are the RMS ratings at 4 ohms, 2 ohms, etc.

Bronze Member

Canada

Post Number: 34
sorry, double post. THe amp isn't putting out that much RMS so your choices are limited. basically, just go listen to some that are in your RMS range. I suggest getting 1 DVC sub so you can get the most out of the amp. Just look for something around 300-360 RMS, DO NOT get a sub any higher than that. Wouldn't recommend going to much lower with a DVC either because you don't want to feed the sub too much power either. Good Luck!!!

Silver Member
Username: Camaro823

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 224
Alpine type e, from those choices they are better than the RF's in my opinion and are much cheaper.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1171
a dvc 4ohm kicker compVR would be a nice match to that amp.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
Any good brands you know of that make something decent that pushes 300-360 RMS? I want it to sound decent. Once I get rid of the car I have now, i plan on going with Cadence or something like that. Let me know, thanks man for all your help.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
Anymore Ideas on great subs I should get that would pair nicely with my amp? Let me know. Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Post Number: 496
2 RE12's would be run pretty nicely off that amp :-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
Brainfart, who makes RE12's?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
I'm sorry, I have a brainfart or something, but who makes the RE12's your talking about? LOL

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1855
Resonant Engineering:-O
www.reaudio.com

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
Where can I find those at? What do you reccomend I get at like Best Buy or Circuit City.

Silver Member

Post Number: 497
you can find those only on their website. They are a small company. Order them over the phone. As far as what I would reccomend from Best buy or Circuit city... I would reccomend ripoffs, cause that is all they have. Great subs ripoffs are. You can get like 2 crappy power acrapsticks and a craptastic sony amp for like $700 at best buy!??!?!?!? Thats insanely awesome.

Silver Member

Post Number: 498
lol sorry, if you truly had to buy from either 1 of those places I would buy from Circuit City because they at least have good products. Look into the CVR12's and maybe even the MTX4500's? Just an idea. MTX kinda has a metally sound to them though so make sure you try them out to see if they are for you.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
What about Tweeter? I heard they had some good stuff. I like Alpines, but I dont know if i'll be pushing them to do what there capable of doing with the amp I have.

Silver Member

Post Number: 499
For subs look at these 2. http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Kicker-Dual-12-Subwoofer-Enclosure-Package-DCVR12 -/sem/rpsm/oid/117529/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do or for more money... http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Dual-12-SledgeHammer-Enclosures-SLHT7512X2D-/sem/ rpsm/oid/124113/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

Bronze Member
Username: Deezel

Post Number: 71
You shouldn't buy anything from either of those places.

Not only will you get low mid-low end equipment, you will also be paying way too much for whatever you are going to be walking out of there with.

You should really go with those two RE's. You order them direct by going to www.reaudio.com and finding the phone number.

Once you call them, you can place an order directly, and they will ship it to you.

The 12 RE's are under 100 dollars a piece, and will sound very nice.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
I would look into those RE's but i'm wanting something today. I'm going out to Circit City and buying some. I'm getting a new car soon. Once I get my new car i'm looking into getting something big, but for now I just want something that will sound decent for the money. Something that will compete with the big boys.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us