I mad a big mistake

Username: Megaman

Elk grove, Ca USA

Post Number: 1
ok so I pulled a newbie and bout some crap package deal from ebay with 2 12 sony xlplods which everyone hates and loves but more hate..anyway here it is

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem%26item%3D5810663499%26&sspagename= STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT%26

at least the box is nice right?

but anyway so this is what I am going to get

http://www.audioexpressusa.com/products/?id=118

or

http://www.audioexpressusa.com/products/?id=120

[b]two of these[/b[

its a buy one get one free so hey...

then ima get this amp..which I was informed may blow the 12" subs if I dont set it up right

http://www.audioexpressusa.com/products/?id=102

{b]amp[/b]

so lemme know i fu guys can help...I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE any feedback anyone can give

thx

Silver Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 780
Guessing u are on a low budget right ? - cause those products are pretty weak/low wrms .

Name ya budget & i pick something out for ya !

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1579
that amp only does 200wRMS.
don't get RF subs, or an RF amp. they aren't any good imo.

get two RE RE's, and a Kicker amp. that will be a cheap setup, and you will have quality equipment for what you've spent

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1580
get 2 Resonant Engineering RE 12's
$69 a piece before shipping
and a Kicker KX 350.2
wire them in series, and KAPLOW!
you have a sweet/quality setup.:-)

Elk grove, Ca USA

Post Number: 2
well I have a 400 dollars budget but if I can stretch it then 500 max. any suggestions with that amount? I dont need a DREAM system or ultr premium, but I want it to sound decent and BUMP just something clean crisp and to turn heads

the car is a 1980 classic SJ grand prix if that means anything running 4x6 pioneers 3 ways

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3743
Image Dynamics IDQ 12" or 15"

MTX 801D - running at 4 ohms for a 12", 2 ohms for a 15"

Silver Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 906
$400? It's gonna be hard to turn heads with that budget... But do what Muddy said, that'll be better than 75% of the systems running around.

Elk grove, Ca USA

Post Number: 3
damn really..F*** I hate being a n00bie!

lol

well what if I push it to 500? you guys think that will make a difference?

Elk grove, Ca USA

Post Number: 4
cool thanks. Any other suggestions and is the box even worth keeping?

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 818
JOE (Image Dynamics IDQ 12" or 15" ) ---

I was thinking of replacing my current subs with exactly those IDQ 2 12s - have u ever actaully used these or know some1 who has ???.
I'm after SQL so i'd prolly go ported if i got a pair of these .....Upload

Nick - i'd get rid of that whole thing & not try to mess around trying it to get better . Nobody uses prefab bandpass boxes nowadays btw , ported is the go now & sealed for more tighter SQ ...

Silver Member
Username: Audiobass10

Cape Coral, FL United States

Post Number: 229
"Guessing u are on a low budget right ? - cause those products are pretty weak/low wrms"

Those products are bottom of the line, but since when do low power ratings reflect quality?

Elk grove, Ca USA

Post Number: 5
wow bottom of the line? umm how should I be looking at spending for at least middle of the line if you will..cuz if its that crappy i can wait another month and save up to up my budget to 800

Silver Member
Username: Audiobass10

Cape Coral, FL United States

Post Number: 244
You don't have to spend a lot of money to have a good sounding system. My suggestion is to read up all you can about box building. Get familiar with designing and building boxes. The RE series subs from RE would be great for someone on a low budget as they're around $76 per 12" sub and all you need is 200-350w RMS to a pair for some nice output and SQ.

Elk grove, Ca USA

Post Number: 6
i guess my other post got deleted..anyway I was think of getting two SE 12s instead of the RE 12s for 338 so that leaves me room to gorw and to get a better amp..so do you guys think that SQ is going to be so much better with the SE 12s that I need to make the switch from the REs?

and u said a kicker amp..any suggestions?

Elk grove, Ca USA

Post Number: 9
ok guys well i'm ready to get these I would really just appreciate this last bit of advice

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 729
Your on a $500 dollar budget and you think you can afford 2 RE SE's? Sorry dude, better look for something else. Even with an $800 it will be tough. Then you need and amp that will give you 1200 wrms, 600 wrms to each sub, which most amps with that much power aren't that cheap. Plus you are going to have to upgrade your alternator for sure if you are pulling that much current. And don't forget to factor wires in your budget, they cost more than you might think.

Elk grove, Ca USA

Post Number: 10
damn i didnt even think about all of that crap..nvm i'll just keep stock for now till i get more dough

thanks guys

Silver Member
Username: Sony224422

Deep River, CT US

Post Number: 209
well.. if you already have that sony stuff and the amp and all that, be a newb with it and install it to make sure you do everything right. That way you'll get some bump, im sure it will be sort of loud, but not sound good. In fact i know it will be semi loud and kids will ask you what your bumping. Also, if something goes wrong with it, its ok because its not going to be your good set up. Take it as a training session.

Bronze Member

Elk grove, Ca USA

Post Number: 11
ok good news I got some more money and I said F it i'm just going to spend the money now

so i'm thinking 2 RE SE 10s or 2 RE RE 12s

which one do you guys think will be a better value

and a kicker amp

whatever else I need to spend on batteries or alternators and crap i'll fo w/e it takes

Silver Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 954
Knocked over a liquer store last night did we - LOL
RE - 175wrms -- DVC 4 ohm RE12- $69
SE - 600wRMS -- DVC 4 ohm SE10- $149

u can now see the HUGH difference in what u r asking - i take it u want 'da bigger 1' - i'd go for the 12s @ $20 more
SE12- $169
this amp http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=13902
or this
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=13471

search around for better price

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us