Out of range 5 feet from the car? Viper 771xv

Username: Yaron_usa

Charleston, SC Usa

Post Number: 1
So here I am happy as can be with my new alarm... but there are some RANDOM quircks occurring, if it has happened to you, or if you know why it might be happening, let me know. I'm trying to gather as much info before going back to installer.

1) 5% of the time: I press any button while standing 3 feet from the car (next to driver's side door) and no response from alarm (not even out of range response).

2) 15% of the time: I press any button while standing 20 feet infront of the car, and no response (naturally I press it again, and THEN it works).

3) I'm in a walmart parking lot, parked way in the back. I am about 50 yards from my car, remote states I am out of range (after I give it a command), I keep walking, I am now 120 yards away, I enter a command and it responds. WTF?!

Sometimes, it feels like clicking a button is not enough. It feels like I need press the button for maybe 1/3 of a second, and then I am more likely to have my command obeyed.

So, what kind of RANGE and CONSISTANCY should I expect from my viper 771xv alarm?

Thanks everyone for reading this, I look forward to reading your responses.

Username: Yaron_usa

Charleston, SC Usa

Post Number: 2
so many days have passed and no one has helped. Some of you certainly have knowledge that you can share and have not done so. This community is a selfish community. seriously, this is without a doubt the worst forum I have ever been involved with. I would be embarrassed to be a member and therefore this is my last post.

Sincerely hoping that those with vast alarm knowledge get their cars stolen,

me.

dark_engulf
Unregistered guest
So many days? it was 2, chill out.
well, since he's gone, i'll answer this for the rest.

I have a 791xv and can remote start it from QUITE a distance away.

Typically, this is what happens when you don't put the antenna up high enough. just take it back to the shop that installed it with the info you have and let them figure it out. that's why you pay so much extra for it. so someone else can figure out what is wrong with it.

Username: Jed1154

I have a similar problem. I can be 15 feet from the car and arm is, it vibrates and give the 'out of range' symbol. The ONLY way to make it work again is to pull the remote battery and put it back. DEI customer support SUCKS, and the people you talk to are idiots.

Anyone have a fix for this "very good" DEI product?

Username: Theforumguy

no fix... if you were in an empty lot then it would work from afar. but your prob with being up close check your antenna..the one in the car
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us