I need some help

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 492
i need to choose a new h/u, i would like it to sub pre-amp outputs, and cost under $175 so far i have found these to choices. http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=724 or
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=2642 which one is better in your opinion.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 1780
I would pick the Clarion without a doubt. The only thing that it suffers from (as most Clarion's do within that price range) is it lacks a high pass filter (HPF).

nick_sq
Unregistered guest
noooo...get the alpine! I cant stress how crappy clarions quality is. I owned a DXZ525, it had no output power to speak of, and got too hot. It finally went and it was not covered under warranty because it wasnt installed my a certified technition. $250 repair so i just threw it out. Then i got a 2003 model DXZ735MP. It lasted me 5 months from new, then the CD mechanism buggered up..sent it off for repairs, month later i get it back and it lasts another 3 months, then the CD mechanism screws up again! This was in the shop 4 times before i thaught forget it. Then they send me an 04' replacment (DXZ745mp) and it was almost as bad. It had poor audio quality and had all the famous clarion bugs (error messages, high temp, distorted and weak audio output) Not to mention the EXTREME heat clarion decks produce, (enough to melt CD labels in some cases) the cracking highs when the deck heats up (very distorted high frequency) and cd mechanism jamming...i had problems with ALL 3 UNITS. I sold the last clarion to avoid the headache. I baught a 150 dollar JVC which preformed much better in my opinion, and i just recently baught the lowest model alpine you can get for 125 bucks. CDE-9841..WOW, although this deck has no features it ROCKS. clean loud output power, no HEAT!. Avoid the clarion to matter how many fancy lights it has TRUST ME!!!

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 1783
The heat depends on the car you own and where the heatsink is located on the unit...the Alpine might work better because I believe the 9841 has the heatsink on the back of the unit whereas almost all of the Clarions have the heatsink on the side (worse ventilation for some cars). I wouldn't be surprised if the JVC had a heatsink on the back as well...

Silver Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 494
well i drive a jeep chereke so would the heat sink on the side work? i know my jensen H/U i got now has a heat sink on the back and it never gets hot. does any1 have more opinions on a good h/u with subs pre-outs and costs under $175?

Silver Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 498
any1

Unregistered guest
I NEED TO KNOW COLOR&PIN LOCATION FOR A KENWOOD CASSETE KRC-208S

BROTHERLY LOVE
Unregistered guest
HELLO EVERYONE I AM IN NEED OF SOME HELP. MY LIL BROTHER JUST CUT ALL THE WIRES FOR MY STERIO IN MY 92 HONDA ACCORD. WE WERE REPLACING THE STERIO AND HE DID NOT LABEL THE WIRES. IF ANYONE KNOWS WHERE I CAN FIND THE WIRING DIAGRAM PLEASE EMAIL ME AT RYANCANTRELL@ADELPHIA.NET

Silver Member
Username: Xkawn

Post Number: 156
????thread-jackerz????

get a thread of your own...

dustin, check out pioneer premier decks. they seem to be the flavor of the month. i have one and many others and we all love em'. great decks.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us