Is this possible??


Bronze Member
Username: Secretsoundz

St. Paul, Mn USA

Post Number: 34
Registered: Aug-05
First off, I'm just curious if this would work cuz it would save me 350 bucks if it could.

I have an old rockford 800a2 for my 2 MA1200xl's.
Not enough to run the 600rms subs healthy like i want.

I have a Carver M-4.0t home amp (600x2 2ohm RMS!)
Carver is super powerful+efficient+rare.
It's a dual rackspace silverscreen 2ch.
Just an on button, I'd need a LP crossover for rca's and HU would control all volume.

I don't know how I would adapt proper power flow though. Home stereo is AC and car is DC right?
Any advice is appreciated.

Silver Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 203
Registered: Jun-05
Can you put crossovers in RCa's...?? That'd be pretty neat.. Thought it was always speaker wire..

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1121
Registered: Mar-04
You can buy things call FMODs made by harrision labs that just plug into your RCA's. (they have a bunch of different models for different frequency HPFs and LPFs.)

check for them on

as for a home audio amp in a car...i really wouldnt recomment it. you could get a power inverter and hook the home audio amp up to it, but the results may be less than desirable.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us