Whats good

Bronze Member
Username: Wink07

Post Number: 29
whats a good speaker thats a 6"x8" for about 100-150(on ebay) for all four speakers?

Bronze Member
Username: Wink07

Post Number: 30
also another question, i am installing this in a truck, a cab-and a half, so what i am doing is taking out the back seat for the sub box, and i was woundering, sence the subs are right behind me, would it make sense to just put in the front speakers, and dont put in rear speakers, that giving me more $ for better front speakers?

Bronze Member
Username: Tdisanto

Post Number: 87
you definatly DO NOT need rear speakers especially for a truck. Take the money and spend it on an amp for the speakers.

Infinity Kappa 6x8s http://cgi.ebay.com/2005-INFINITY-KAPPA-680-7CS-5x7-6x8-COMPONENTS-Pair_W0QQitem Z5810908577QQcategoryZ18800QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Bronze Member
Username: Tdisanto

Post Number: 88
reason why you dont need the rears as per Glass

http://www.wickedcases.com/caraudio/rearfill.html

Silver Member
Username: Scubasteve

College Park, MD

Post Number: 570
about your stock 6x8 speakers: See if you can get someone in your area to build you custom mounting brackets for 6.5" speakers in your ford factory locations. You have many more options for 6.5" speakers and round speakers sound MUCH better than oval speakers. If you do get 6x8s, I wouldn't recommend the kappas. Cheap and flimsy feeling, as well as harsh sounding. JL comes to mind for decent 6x8s, but be prepared to spend more (maybe $200 range) but significantly better sound and construction.

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 855
Years back I had Reference 5X7's in my Explorer, and they played nicely, and I never had a problem with them. JL does make good speakers as well though.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us