Where to run the REM wire

Username: Phildb

Post Number: 3
I have a 1998 Nissan Pathfinder and my brother had a Amp and Sub installed but he took it out to sell it. Now i have the car and i want to put one in. So i bought one and connected all the wires and the amp wasnt powering on. i tried one of my friends amp and the same thing. i brought it to a local audio store to check it real quick and all the wires were working accept the REM. I did not want to pay his to fix it so i checked it out my self. It was connected to a fuse in the fuse box. I have looked around and everyone seems to be connecting it to the back of the head unit, so i thought this was my problem. Can somone just tell me where i am suppose to connect it.

Silver Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 897
On the back of the HU, there'll be a wire coming off it called REM/remote. Hook it there. It'll send voltage down that line when it's on. But don't run anything off it, except the REM.

Post Number: 4
Its Bose stock head unit. I dont remember any wire comeing off by it self just 2 plugs with several wires in them. But I will look again thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 283
If there'a a red wire, that's your power wire. Splice the remote wire into the power wire and when the HU shuts off, so does the amp. If possible, try the orange wire, as it is illumination, and works sometimes as well, but it depends on the car.

Post Number: 5
ok thanks ill try that. Is there any reason why it would be connected to a fuse in the fuse box?

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 288
You don't need to mess with the fuse box to my knowledge, but you may want to post that and ask Glass or Isaac, who know a bit more than me about specifically whether the fuse box is necessary.

I didn't need to for mine, but like I said, all cars are different.

Post Number: 7
Can i use any wire for the REM wire. I have a spool of speaker wire and the REM wire isnt long enought to make it to the HU so could i splice a piece of that in. Thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us