Help finding the right sub

Silver Member
Username: W00b

Post Number: 203
Hey all, I need a sub that is around 500RMS that is good quality for the money, max i can spend is about $1500.. not looking for the best of the best, just a decent 500RMS sub.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1799
i'd say if you are willing to spend $1500 on a sub, you are going to get one of the "best of the best". lol

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1151
is that $1500 for just subs...or $1500 for subs, box, amp, wires, and everything? ($1500 can get you all that if you just want 1 500wrms sub)

look at these subs:
RE SE, JL w6v2, Adire brahma (the new ones), Alpine type-r, or Crystal cmp's.

Bronze Member
Username: Alanledbetter

Post Number: 21
I suppose that the Alpine Type R would be the best 500 RMS sub but with 1500$ you can get a lot, those are pretty cheap but sound good. If you want to increase it by 100 rms there is the RE Se.

Silver Member

Post Number: 204
well, i want a medium-quality sub, i didn't really mean that i wanted to spend all of my $1500 on a sub! lol. i want a "bang for the buck" sub if you know what i mean, for instance i was looking at MTX subs earlier, are they decent?

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 1105
http://caraudiomag.com/testreports/0403cae_jlaudio/
500 watt king, hands down imo

Silver Member

Post Number: 205
do you think i could make a decent sealed box for it, and then stick a 500RMS BASH plate amp on it and call it a day? the reason i want to do this is because i can't find any good retail accoustic suspension ("sealed") subwoofers, they are all ported and probably for HT.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1107
i personally no longer partake in prefab boxes, but www.partsexpress.com has some seemingly sturdy ones.
i would sooner build one, have one built, or grab a jl box.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1108
also, you're asking for a few potential problems with that amp on the box. the vibrations will eventually tend to damage your amp. particularly with one sub and no bracing inside the box on which to secure the amp. i would build a nice small amp rack for that too. would be original. not familiar with that particular plate amp though.

Silver Member

Post Number: 206
mikechec9.. i don't know about that. the BASH amplifier was designed to be on the back of any sub.. im sure you have seen a home audio sub before. the amplifier is on the back of the sub, with all the crossover adjustments, etc, and they never rattle loose like that.. just something to consider. in case you didn't know, the BASH amplifier is a home audio amplifier used in subwoofers like SVS and a few other companies. do you really think it would rattle itself to death?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1110
again, not the least bit proficient with that amp, but physics seems to hold consistent. while even some traditional amps last a considerable amout of time being mounted as such, electronics are electronics. they can be glued very well, but integrity is still threatened in such a setup.
again, it's just a potential hazard. the fact that it's not a large box helps a bit. i'm sure that it would look really nice on the box like that though.
here is a fair visual of my point: http://www.bcae1.com/amplfier.htm

Silver Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 953
Build your own box. And look into the Eclipse Ti. It'll take 500wrms and sound awesome.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us