Type R, type X which one?

Bronze Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Oknagan, B.C Canada

Post Number: 15
I will be getting a 1600watt rms (800wattx2) amp. I currently have 2 Type R 12" dual 2 ohm. I love the sound in my ported bassworx box and I hit 139.6 DB.(running off a 1400 watt MAX sony xplod) As far as power handling, SQ, and SPL; Will a type X still have a nice sound but hit a higher SPL? I want somthing that has nice sound but can give lots of SPL as I enjoy competing and listening to my music....any suggestions.
thanks!

Bronze Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

Post Number: 31
one type X will not be as loud as two type R's...the type X is a sound quality sub more than SPL...however i have two X's and am hitting 146ish in a ported box. Look into RE if u want more SPL and want to keep the SQ also.

Bronze Member

Oknagan, B.C Canada

Post Number: 18
What amp are you using to run the X's, and are you using a custom made SPL box? I would be looking to run 2 12" X's. I like the SQ that my R's have so the X's will be the same for SQ just able to get more SPL?
I thought RE were just SPL subs, and not for SQ?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
I have a 2400watt hifonics amp and i have a ported box tuned pretty low...not sure exactly what.I dont have it really set up for the highest SPL right now and im hitting in the mid 140's.The X's have better SQ then the R's but there not as strong in SPL. It would be alot louder because u are doubleing the power.

Ive never had RE subs before but i have heard some pretty amazing set ups from them. 2 12" SX's will be louder than 2 12" type X's and if u really want to be impressed look into the XXX series(they are in the process of redoing them so it might be hard to find).

Bronze Member

Oknagan, B.C Canada

Post Number: 21
So 2 X's will SOUND better but not hit a higher SPL than 2 R's? So I take it I should I wait untill I get this 1600 watt @ 2 Ohm RMS amp and see how the R's handle it?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
Yeah that is overpowering them a little much...i know some people will say that you can do that but in reality only for short time periods does that work. 800RMS to a 500RMS sub thats getting kinda high in my opinion.

Bronze Member

Oknagan, B.C Canada

Post Number: 23
Ok sounds good thanks for the help If I blow them Ill get new different ones!

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2901
Lol
2 type X will sound just as good, and be louder than 2 type R's.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us