Are RE mt's better than jl13w7's

Username: Raider_1

Post Number: 3
which is better RE mt 15"s or jl13w7's and what is the price on the RE's

mjvizzle
Unregistered guest
what are you looking for SQ or SPL? the mt is a SPL Sub and the w7 is a SQ sub lol ...

Silver Member
Username: Disturbedpriest

Post Number: 170
hmm.. i have never heard a big @ss sub put off that great of spl.. i mean... odd.. i do have to say i like the 13w6v2/s about four of those in a wall.. oh yeah.. that makes some noise.. yeah.. noise... not music.. oh well... buy 4 10's.. get some real sound... bigger isnt always better..

Silver Member
Username: Matt12490

Benicia, California

Post Number: 219
Yeah... I don't really understand why people would want sub a loud sub? Unless you want to compete, why do you need it so loud? I would way rather get an SQ sub, but everyone has their own opinions.

Bronze Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 84
The Re's will be much louder

www.reaudio.com
Resonant Engineering HQ
781 Middlegate Road
Henderson, NV 89015
em - sales@reaudio.com
em - tech@reaudio.com
tel : (702) 896 4823

RE8- $49
RE10- $59
RE12- $69

SE10- $149
SE12- $169
SE15- $199

SX10- $239
SX12- $249
SX15- $269
SX18- $309

XXX10- $359
XXX12- $369
XXX15- $399 more $ for new models due in Nov.
XXX18- $429

MT10- $409
MT12- $419
MT15- $449
MT18- $479

Bronze Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 85
But the JL's will sound much better, the MT is a SPL sub, you should look at Re's XXX for an equal to the W7

Silver Member
Username: Mike_anthes

Canton, SD USA

Post Number: 307
the re mts will get much louder...that doesn't even make sense...the 13w7 is more of an sql sub and the mt is all out loudness...

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1246
apples & oranges:-)

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4301
Don't get side tracked. RE MT WILL produce SQ when given enough cabin space and port area.
My MT is hitting 20Hz notes without distorting. You try that with lot of the so called SQ subs.
Yes MT is for SPL, but it can and will produce SQ as well. However, that is not it's strength.
Best way of comparing is, a truck with 1000HP (MT) and a sports car with 1000HP (W7) and racing 1/4 mile. In speed race, the sports car might have a light edge, but in towing power, trunk wins.
In SQ, W7 will be better, but for SPL, MT wins.

Silver Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 646
Allow me to butt in on this thread - but am wondering what other subs can step up to JL13W7 besides the IDmax in SQL ???

Of course if JL was priced closer to others subs - we'd all buy JL & not even care about the rest... lol

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10381
the W7 is designed to maintain good linearity at high excursion. It's made to be a "loud" SQ sub.
the MT is a purely SPL designed sub, looking at it's specs, BL, etc.. and while it can sound good, that's not it's intent. It's made to handle enormous power and get hellishly loud.
Decide if you want an SQL system or if you want to compete in SPL events.
That'll determine which sub is the best for you.

Silver Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 648
rovin...lots of subs do...adire brahma, RE XXX, ascendant audio avalanche, mmats juggernaut,

Silver Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 648
Those u listed - SQ wise u mean ?, would have thought the xxx & mmats would be leaning more on the SPL side . I'm considering getting something (pair of 12s) more SQ with some L added . Upload

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10399
nope, XXX (old ones at least) were using an XBL2 motor, which is designed for rigid linearity at high excursion. It's purely a SQ sub.
It's not an efficient motor design though, which is one of it's trade-offs, so it needs a lot of power to reach that excursion limit.
They do produce plenty of output but there are much louder subs out there with equal power given to them.. even the cheaper SX would be an example.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us