Need a sub to complement this setup...

Silver Member
Username: Goon

Post Number: 316
my girlfriend has a benz and it has a stock bose frontstage. it sounds good and she's happy with it, but she's looking for a little help. so we are trying to find a good sub that gets loud and has excellent sound quality to go along with this stock setup. she needs nothing ridiculous, just something to make her "feel" the music more. i was thinking alogn the lines of a 10", as for brand/model and amp, i am asking you all for that. and reasonably priced, nothing crazy. thanks guys.

FlipityFlap
Unregistered guest
I read a good reveiw about an Resonant Engineering RE 12". Sounds great sealed w/ only 200W Rms. Check out REAudio.com Price is less than $100 shipped.

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2863
Yeah, think its like $65/75... not that much, and nothing but good things from it.
Then theres Kicker CVR,
Alpine Type R... then the price starts to go up.:-) lol

Bronze Member
Username: Robert_d

MIA, FL USA

Post Number: 35
list a price that would be very helpfull and we can help pick out some good deals

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3650
Image dynamics ID 10".

grease
Unregistered guest
10" JL Audio, or see the link in one of my posts for something different

Silver Member

Post Number: 317
hmm price isn't sure yet, but i was thinking and infinity perfect or better. also should i put an amp to the front stage? or do you think the stock bose systems has it covered?

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3659
That should be covered. They wouldn't just throw in spakers without matching up the correct wattage. Most cars with multiple spakers have built in amps.

You never know with Bose though.... :-)

Username: Djman37

Mesquite, Tx Usa

Post Number: 8
you don't want to open the can of 'bose' worms. Either keep it stock, or replace all of it. Bose stereos are a 'system' not speakers and HU.
You MIGHT be able to add an amp and sub, might.

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 197
10" JL Audio W0! They're supposed to be designed with the whole surround sound/deep bass in mind...Like what Bose claims to do, but doesn't!

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 198
Yea, don't get me onto the subject of Bose, or I'll have to go crazy. To be blatantly honest, Bose is garbage with awesome mids/highs, but lacks in bass. The only thing good is it screams out those mids/highs, but that's ugly sounding anyways. Not to mention Bose has a very low power handling. I remember a friend of mine with his Bose surround system that he claimed could shake walls...LMAO! "Can't you feel the bass Tyler?" "Um...Yea!" I had to lie, he did spend good money on it, and I didn't want to make him feel bad...

Silver Member

Post Number: 318
Well lets just remember this is for my girlfriend who would rather shop for shoes, hence why I am doing this...and not her. so let's put what she has aside and figure out what would work. tyler, a 10" jl WO, compare that to an infinity perfect for me...i've never heard to jl but i have heard to perfect, so itll give me a good idea.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us