Help with box tuning marshall,joe?

Bronze Member
Username: Kaos13

USA

Post Number: 15
My dad needs a box for two 12" pioneer TS-W306 dvc subwoofers ive been looking around and i found this box but it dosent say what its tuned to. If any one could help me out it would be great.http://sonicelectronix.com/item_1543.html heres the box. it tells you the port dimensions and all that so if anyone knows it would be apreciated thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3647
What are the specs on those Pioneers? That's a really small ported box, and I have a feeling it's 1.12 cf per chamber before driver displacement, so it's gonna be even smaller.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3648
Not sure on the exact tune, but I do know it's gonna be pretty high. Those vents are only 1 inch wide btw, your gonna have a ton of port noise. My best advice is to either find a different box, or make your own.

Bronze Member

USA

Post Number: 22
heres the link to the pioneers 2076_4059_153020663_tab=B%2C00.html?compName=PNA_ProductDetailComponent,http://w ww.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/product/detail/0,,2076_4059_153020663_tab=B,00.htm l?compName=PNA_ProductDetailComponent
I dint notice how small the box was on the pioneer website it says reccomended enclosure 0.85 to 1.75 cubic feet isnt that kinda small too. And it says they could go 18hz to 500hz so they could go pretty low right. I dont know how to build boxes especially ported boxes.Plus Im an impantient person if i cant do something right ill just get pissed off and leave it alone. Oh and we dont even have power tools like saws routers ect. We only have car tools.

Bronze Member

USA

Post Number: 23
Sorry that link dosent work. oh crap i just noticed it dosent say if thats the cubic feet for sealed or ported enclosures ill try to find the ported cupic feet.
2076_4059_153020663_tab=B%2C00.html?compName=PNA_ProductDetailComponent,http://w ww.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/product/detail/0,,2076_4059_153020663_tab=B,00.htm l?compName=PNA_ProductDetailComponent

Bronze Member

USA

Post Number: 24
WTF? it dosent want to work heres the specs

Woofer Cone Design Cone Reinforcement Arcs
Surround Wide Roll, Three-Layer Fiber Woven Radial
Voice Coil 4-Layer, Long Voice Coil
Voice Coil Wire Polyester-Imide Resin Coated
Voice Coil Bobbin 12 Slit Aluminum
Damper (Spider) Conex
Damper Ring Yes
Top Plate Standard
Projected Pole Yoke with Vented Pole
Magnet Construction Double Mass High-Power
Basket Design Stamped Basket with Magnet Cover
Gasket Molded
Wire Terminals Spring-Compression
Specifications
Watts MAX. Music Power 1000 Watts
Watts Nominal Power Handling 400 Watts
Frequency Response 18Hz ~ 500Hz
Sensitivity 89dB
Ohm Rating SVC:4, DVC: 2 or 8
Recommended Enclosure 0.85 ~ 1.75 Cubic Feet
Dimensions 12.9" x 7" (327 x 177mm)
Mounting Depth 6.2" (157mm)

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3661
Is the recommended .85 - 1.75 cf for a sealed box though? I'd have to see the Thiele small parameters for the sub, but it's probably not really meant for a ported box anyways. Sealed may be your best bet.

Bronze Member

USA

Post Number: 25
Ive been to alot of diferent websites and none of them say if the specs are for sealed or ported. How many cubic feet do you reccomend and where should it be tuned maybe 30hz.

Bronze Member

USA

Post Number: 26
i dindnt see the popst you posted well i talked to Rovin and and he said ported would probably be better since he owns two of these also and he said he has them in a sealed box and they sound dead like their holding back or something i dont know what he ment by that but...
I also told him what kind of amp and box he had them connected too but he hasnt got back at me yet. But i would really like it to be ported so it could sound louder you think if i find a box thats like 2 cubic feet or a little more you think they will sound good.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us