Need help fast

Bronze Member
Username: Smallville

Sandy, Utah Utah

Post Number: 37
ok well this is what i have hooked up for my deck to work..but its not working..so hers what i have hooked up..i have the red wire from inside the car..and the red wire from the head unit(my deck)...and the yellow wire from inside the car..and the yellow wire from my deck...and a power wire from the battery to all that that i just said...and its like not getting power somehow..and i tryed the fuses and it doesnt work...somebody help please.........

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10038
you NEVER match colors. You've probably already fried the new radio.
you should have just bought a wiring harness adapter instead of cutting wires. Now that you've cut them though, try going to the12volt.com and using the installer database of vehicle color wiring codes to look up your car and see which wires you should have used.

Bronze Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 12
smell the deck, then check fuse on radio, then if you have no power supply, twist red&yellow together, then use battery from car to test the radio to see if it powers up,... touch the ground to ground and the twisted red/yellow to power...see what you get.

Platinum Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10115
problem is he doesn't seem to know which wire is what in the car itself.
he needs to look up the color codes.

Bronze Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 16
At this point, if he burned the radio, i would eliminate it first, then go to 12volt and get the wiring diagram for the car. sucks to wire everything back up and radio is bad.

Platinum Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10134
oh sure.. but either way he'll need those codes.
if I wasn't so lazy I'd go find them and paste em here.. lol

anyway, need to check the radio, the fuses in the radio and the car's fuse box, and find the codes.. in whatever order suits ya
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us