My avalanche must be blown..... :-(

Silver Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 859
since yesterday ive noticed my avalanche makes a flapping sound at the higher excursions.... but definetly not full excursion so i know its not bottoming out. there is no scratchy noise when i push in on the sub and there is no damage i can see. but its not nearly as loud anymore and on top of that when i turn the volume up it sounds like sh!t now... i guess i';ll be sending it back in..... i think im going to go with 2 15 inch SEs with a total of 1200w rms so my 1000/1 can work hard and the subs take it easy a lil bit.

Silver Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 915
sorry to hear about that. i'm still pondering what to do in my situation as well. i have amps that do 1600 at 4ohm bridged, 800 at 2ohm, and 400 at 4ohm. i have brilliant brahmas, but they're 2ohms. so it's either too much power or too little power. not certain yet

Silver Member

Post Number: 916
i've figured it out. i'll just run them 2ohm bridged for a total of 1800 watts between the two of them. 900/sub will be perfect. i just won't have the option of switching between the two subs like i did with 2 amps. i'll just maintain the second one for warranty reasons. sorry to hear about your sub, but i'm glad you posted.

Silver Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 860
well i try to look at the bright side... and i think i found the bright side... the new XXX is coming out in november right?.... a new XXX 15 in a ported box should absutely slam even if its only going to get a 1000/1 to it. rumor has it that it has nearly 5 inch peak to peak excursion! im going to call up tomorrow if i have time and try to find out about prices and stuff.

Silver Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 861
goodluck with ur brahmas let me know how it sounds

Silver Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 862
im even considering a 15 inch Mt with a huge port and low tune... maybe like 32-34 hz. although i would have to get ride of my 1000/1 and get a more powerful amp then though i jus dont know...

Silver Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 863
i also just thought of a good idea... get that 15 inch MT.. and a kx2500.1

get dual 2 ohm. wire the VCs to terminal cups and daily drive around with it wired series at 1250w rms... then when i want to show it off... 30 seconds to make a wire switch and run the full 2500w at 1 ohm ... i like the sound of this... i jsut need to get a 250A alt and a yellowtop or 2 lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 922
sounds good. everytime i lose i also come back harder. i ran that power through the mkII's and the vc turned into a slinky. now i have to prioritize finances (family) before i send them back for reconing. i just didn't want to lose the capability you were referring to of changing from sq to aggressive daily driving at the touch of a button. it was extremely convenient.
i am curious as to the sq of the new xxx, not being xbl2 and all. i mean anything with 5" xmax has to be suspicious. but, regardless 5" xmax alone makes me want one.
oh, and by the way.. you're gonna kill them with that set up. sounds fun. november is going to be the month of sub heaven, so to speak- new subs frm sound splinter, re, aa, and a complete new line from Adire.. should be one heck of a xmax, i mean xmas holiday for these guys.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us