Speaker Grills

Bronze Member
Username: Clownass

Post Number: 19
Do you guys use grills to protect your subs? I am looking for a pair of NICE speaker grills and can't seem to find any. I checked partsexpress.com and did not find what I was looking for. I am looking for something nicer than that.

Any Ideas?

What do you guys do?

Silver Member
Username: Subzer0

Richmond, KY USA

Post Number: 784
I'm still tryin to find some like these..lol.

Upload

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10046
I used to use waffle style grills yeah, but with these high excursion, rolled surround subs these days like the W7 and the XXX, it's really not practical to use grills.
you can recess the subs though, using a front baffle, and cover the subs with perforated plexi, about 3 to 4 inches from the subs.. gives them room for throw, but lets air flow through the plexi slats or holes.
that's one thought.
depends on the install

Silver Member
Username: Subzer0

Richmond, KY USA

Post Number: 787
Glass, you ever seen any like the ones shown above? They say XC on each of the little spikes.. but I can't find anything about them. Lemme know if you have any info on them.

Silver Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 480
Grills do save subs from damage but i find they tend to 'color' the sound a bit . But hey if someone owns a pair of expensive $700 JL subs then hell yeah - protect them !

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 233
Audiobahn...
Upload

Fishman(tsunami)
Upload

Platinum Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10062
that top images looks custom made by someone using plexi/lexan, probably in an injection molding.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
Anybody ever used these??

Are they crap...I am suspicious because they seem a bit flimsy and are dirt cheap! But that is the majority of what is available other than the flashy looking stuff which does little for protection and is all for show...and if you ask me they look like horrible.\popjpeg

{160992,Upload}

Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
bump

Silver Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 500
Yeah - i have 2 of those , dirt cheap like u said & i can tell that waffle stlye grill do tend to 'color' the sound noticeably if u have been accustom to listening to a sub without 1 for a long time .

From the moment u put in on u can tell . But after a while u won't notice the coloration that much .

That grill above with the 8 bars look like a nice 1 & will definitly NOT get sound coloration with that since its spaced out far apart .

Platinum Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10108
those are waffle grilles. they work great.
you pull off that rubber surround and you can spraypaint them or air brush them to look unique.
http://www.wickedcases.com/festiva/Fest07b.jpg
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us