I could have paid 700 for a sub box but....

Silver Member
Username: Thrushdtd

New York

Post Number: 276
i maned up and built the best one i have personally ever seen. check it out.
Upload
24 inch long ports
Upload
oak plywood with walnut trim
Upload
loud as hel\
Upload
Lexon Windows

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 1049
that's very sophisticated-looking.

.....so where's the benz? lol

Silver Member

New York

Post Number: 282
i considered putting it on ebay for $1500
lol

Bronze Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 61
That is a great looking box "kudos"

PS. What kind of car is that box going in.

Silver Member
Username: Chrisklein

Post Number: 222
It is great looking and all, but the question i have is, does it perform as well or better then 3/4" of mdf????

Silver Member

New York

Post Number: 284
nissan sentra lol
i had to make it in two peices so that i could get it into the trunk

Audio
Unregistered guest
YOO SELL THAT You could make almost double what you paid to make it would be a nice go for you to make another one better one to better fix the lil tweaks or a different design to sell maybe.

Wow could only imagin how that would sound what subs are thoes? 12's?

Silver Member
Username: Rob315

Cuse, NY U.S.

Post Number: 591
where in NY are you?...that box would look sick as f#ck in an expensive car. awesome work.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4255
Nice job on the box. Too bad you didn't use MDF inside the box. However, by using plywood, you've compromised some SQ.

Gold Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 1374
What if you built the box out of MDF and then covered it with nice "whatever nice plywood is" and did all that...if you just liquid nail the crap out of it so it doesnt resonat.

Silver Member
Username: Subzer0

Richmond, KY USA

Post Number: 809
I for one, think it's a great box and a great job at saving money, i'm sure it sounds as good as it looks. Excellent job bro.

Silver Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 507
Also posted this in your other thread :

Looks sweet - ? is ,would the sound quality been better if it was made out of MDF ? - & u could still laminate with real wood over that mdf to get the look .

But overal - i really do admire the craftsmanship & time that went into it , an heirloom to pass unto ya grandkids ...lol
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Lil_jon

Post Number: 109
Thats a Nice Box I like it alot Bets 1 I ever saw
was it hard making a Box?

What is MDF I am going to try this and want to do it right the 1st time

Silver Member

New York

Post Number: 287
I considered using MDF to construct my box but felt that thier was not too much of a drastic loss in SQ from the use of plywood. Also with the lexon windows the difference from plywood to MDF is neglagable. I doubt you could really hear a difference in SQ. To laminate it in plywood would have doubled the time to constuct and it was just not worth it. Anyway, im going to get it metered soon but i am reasonably sure i will hit definatly in the low 140's maybe higher due to experiance with cars that have higher and lower spl.

Silver Member
Username: Rob315

Cuse, NY U.S.

Post Number: 592
where in NY are you from???

Silver Member

New York

Post Number: 288
upstate, about an hour north of albany. Sacandaga aderondack region. I got to school in troy right now RPI.

Silver Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 514
Your Sentra - thats the 1 thats also called B14 right ?, u know chassis no. starts with B14......

Silver Member
Username: Subzer0

Richmond, KY USA

Post Number: 813
thrush, is that box built to the specs of the type r?..just wondering :P .. I still like it, really nice looking and it'd go great in one of those rides witht he wood looking interiors. like those pt crusiers with woodstuff on the outside etc.

Silver Member

New York

Post Number: 289
yeah it would go well with one of those crusers and yes i built it to spec for the type R's tuned to like 30/32 hz

somethingredicolousihavetomakeup
Unregistered guest
one of my friends goes to school in troy, real good football player

Silver Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 344
I remember a few months ago, when someone was looking to buy a box (shipper ready) for less than $110. I, of course, laughed at the thought of what might be a speaker enclosure in shipper ready form, to sell for $110. So I posted that I would be glad to build him a box, but since I have been building boxes since 1987, and have learned a few things about speaker building, I responded that I wouldn't mind building him a box, but I couldn't do it for less than $700, and he would have to pick it up. You should have seen the remarks; anywhere from Ha Ha Ha to why are you price gouging, and so on... I have had plenty of competitors saying they can build a quality custom box for about $100.

My point is; I am glad to see that there are people out there that actually understand and have what it takes to build a quality speaker enclosure. I am certain that this box should not sell for $110 shipped.

Nice job man!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us