SE better than SX?...

Silver Member
Username: Subzer0

Richmond, KY USA

Post Number: 774
every video i've seen on wooferivds shows the SE's flexing a ton more than an SX does.. wtf gives? Should I just sell my sx and go with some 12" SEs?

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3609
How many watts were going to the SE's, and at what frequency were they playing.

How many watts were going to the SX's, and at what frequency were they playing.

I don't know the xmax's of the SE's and SX's, but I'm sure one doesn't have a ton more than the other. Xmax isn't everything Justin, just because the SE's happened to be reaching higher excursion in those videos doesn't meen they sound better or got louder.

Silver Member

Richmond, KY USA

Post Number: 778
Sadly that info wasn't on the sites witht he vids so I have no clue, they look almost alike on Re's site, what is the se anyhow? sql sub on a budget or...?

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3612
Pretty much. The RE is entry level. Se is just a good affordable mid-level sub.

Silver Member

Richmond, KY USA

Post Number: 779
joe can you recommend something that can compare to the xxx since i'm going for a Different sub setup soon as I can figure out how to make a decent ported box.

I was thinking some Adire Audio, or Ad.. mm I forget how to spell it.. the people that make the avalanche..

I don't really know the products they have but I'm looking for something along the sql lines that they currently have or will have soon, is the new brahma out?.. lol a lot of questions I know but you know your stuff.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10030
Ascendant Audio. Elevation Audio is good too. Adire's Brahma is similar to the XXX for reference.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 10031
oh and the SE is flexing more most times because it's power handling is a lot lower than an SX..
Most people just don't feed the SX enough power to make it jump as much as an SE will with less power fed to it.
that's all.
Next to the MT, the SX is still RE's loudest sub line.

Silver Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 896
glass, are you familiar with the sexxx hybrid?

Silver Member
Username: Quickshot

Charlotte, North Carolina U.S.

Post Number: 217
i saw a SE XXX on ebay once but i thought it was some kind of typo but i guess not...i would also like to know some more about that subwoofer

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 966
the SE XXX is essentually an RE SE reconed w/ XXX soft parts. they where the precoursers to the SX line.

i know a guy running 2 12" SE XXX'S on an orion 2500d in an ext. cab ranger. they get really loud, but i have only heard them on burps...never w/ music. he is doing ~147-48dB.

Silver Member

Richmond, KY USA

Post Number: 780
so I should just save up to get another sx? or think someone would trade me a brahma for this sx .. it's brand new :o.

Silver Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 628
not too many people have brahmas...and if they do...99% love them and won't let them go...so you'll probably have to buy new...plus the price difference is pretty substantial

Silver Member

Richmond, KY USA

Post Number: 781
I was willing to give them the sx and cash added with it. How much does a 12" go for..?

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3623
I think the prices were pretty close to Resonant's. Between 325 - 400$ for a 12", I think.

If somebody honestly wanted to trade you a Brahma for the SX, I'd do it in a heartbeat, as long as the Brahma is in great condition. If they want moeny too, five them the SX and about 75$, I'd trade that for a Brahma.

Silver Member

Richmond, KY USA

Post Number: 799
sounds fair enough :P I'm wanting to make a one sub syste to compete with and a brahma sounds fun.. I've seen it before on realm of excursion too.. the one sub system.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us