4000W Logic Soundlab Sub??

logicsubs
Unregistered guest
im getting the sub listed above and it has 2000w rms. if i have a 1000w sony xploid amp, will that be enough power for this sub, or do i need a bigger amp??

Bin Laden
Unregistered guest
Do yourself a favor and don't buy a Sony Xplod 1000 watt amp. Do yourself another favor and don't waste your money on a 2000 watt subwoofer. I mean really when you think about it why in the hell do you need a 2000 watt subwoofer. 1 very good 12 inch subwoofer with 500 watts listening to it at high volumes for extended periods will give you permanent hearing damage. So just think about what that 2000 watt sub will do to your hearing. I hope this helps.

logicsubs
Unregistered guest
i dont care if the xploid amps suck i just want to know if 1000w is enough or to little power

Bin Laden
Unregistered guest
1000 watts should be plenty of power but that amp will probably only really put out about 600 or 700 watts. You can do it you will just have an underpowered sub. But you never know until you try right. I think it should work fine though. Good Luck

logicsubs
Unregistered guest
IF I GET THIS SUB AND ITS 4000W PEAK AND 2000 RMS, WILL IT BE LOUBER THAN A 13W7

Bin Laden
Unregistered guest
It may be louder than a 13W7 but it won't sound very good a high volumes. It will be a hell of a lot of distortion soon as you start cranking up the volume on your cd player whereas the 13W7 sounds perfectly clear even if you turn the volume all the up on your cd player. The 13W7's are made to sound clear at any volume. These subs you are talking about sound more like PURE SPL competition subs and not for daily use.

I don't know if you have ever heard of Treo subs but they have a Street Series Extreme SSX sub that can handle 2400 watts RMS and those subs are for daily street use.

www.treoonline.com

logicsubs
Unregistered guest
ok thanks, what if i got a power acoustic mofo sub that is 15in and hw like 3000w peak would that be better for street use. and when u said the sub would be distorting at high volume levels, since the sub is 2000w rms and im only giving it 1000w at most will it still distort since im underpowering it??? and about how many decibels could i hit with 1000w amp and a 2000w rms sub, i know it might distort but how many dBs is what i care about?

Bin Laden
Unregistered guest
Yes it will still distort at high volumes. It is not the power that you are giving it, it is the quality of the subs that will make it distort. If you are planning on using that Sony amp I would say you probably won't be hitting any higher than about 135 decibels. Power Acoustic is probably worse than the other sub.

logicsubs
Unregistered guest
ok thanks

loud and low
Unregistered guest
firstly sony sucks that amp willn't put out half of the power it clames to and even that will not be very clean power. so your dealin with maybe 350 or 450 watts. also power handling means nothing related to volume. a W7 will be WAY, WAY louder than that crappy sub. and it will still sound good when doin so. power handling is simply a thermal ratting it has nothing to do with how well and efficiently the sub uses that power. trully you are going to be wasting your money. for example glasswolf has a system that is only 300 watts of clean power and he is hitting up to 151 db. thats goes to prove that subs retarted 4000 watts when lightning strikes handling willn't get you anywhere. invest in a W7 or Adire Brahma eiter will be far louder and sound way better. don't waste your money. 135 isn't very impressive one 13.5 W7 can hit about 149 or 150 that over 1 1/2 times louder than the crappy thing you have might be able to make. also on that amp you probably willn't be able to hit over 125. that thing will suck power and do almost nothing with it. i sorry to sound so critical but its such a complete waste of money

logicsubs
Unregistered guest
well i didnt just get the amp ive had it two power two 12s. but i want to step up the loudness of my system and didnt want to spend to much money.
any suggestions?? and i suggested the logic sub cause its power level.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 1733
the sony amp isn't 1Kwatt RMS, that's peak output
its RMS output is a lot less.
If you want affordable power then for a 2 Ohm load, get teh JBL BP1200.1
that's 1200 watts RMS @ 2 Ohms and about $300

The amp and sub you've chosen are both very low quality. Poor performers, and unreliable.

You're not going to come anywhere close to a 13W7 in SPL or SQ. Not even in the same ballpark.
sorry

just being honest, and realistic.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us