I kinda need some help...bad!

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 109
Well, I installed my new HU and everything, and for a while was working perfectly fine. Just in the past couple of days, the back right channel speaker has decided it doesn't want to play constantly, as it gets staticy, then comes in perfectly clear. I didn't do the door speaker installation, and have no idea how to get to the back door speakers to check for loose connections. However, after the HU's been on a bit, and I take the volume up to 20 and then back down and keep repeating this process, the speaker comes back on for good. Can someone help me?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9961
may be a speaker terminal touching metal behind the speaker.. or a loose wire connection.
need to pull the speaker to see.
swap left and right speakers, and see if the problem stays, and if it switches sides or not.

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 113
How do I get into the back doors to remove the speakers? They have grills on them that look like they MIGHT be able to be removed, but not sure how to go about it. Hrmmm...Prolly should take it back to the place who installed them. Not only that, they installed the subs to run at 8 ohms (after I told them 2 times not to), didn't put the front door back on correctly leaving a gap between the window and door panel, as well as using a "block" box as an LOC, which turns out was a possible fire HAZARD! Grrrr!

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9973
good plan. this time get a different installer though.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us