Best every day spl sub

Username: Anacard

Dimond Bar, CA United States

Post Number: 8
looking for a grate spl sub for every day use...but a sub that wont cost over a grand.

Gold Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 1337
you can buy my orion hcca 12"...it'll hit like a banche (sp).

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2799
What kind of amp do you plan on using? I'd recomend a RE MT, but you'll have to buy amedium to big amp to push it!

Username: Anacard

Dimond Bar, CA United States

Post Number: 9
no sound off subs

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 892
You may wanna look at an RE SX or a DD3500.(the MT is a good spl sub but it doesnt really lend itself to daily use). The SX series runs about $220-310 depending on the size you buy (10, 12, 15, 18). Some people do run MT's for daily/spl use, but they really dont have the SQ most people look for in a daily sub. MT's are about $200 more than SX's as well.

Give an SX or a DD3500 ~1000wrms and a good ported box and you will have a really nice daily/spl sub.

lierz
Unregistered guest
i have 2 12" kicker cvrs and was wondering what i could do to get the most dbs out of my subs? what kind of amp? how to hook them up(parallel or series)? ported or sealed box?

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2801
Well, a ported box, and about a 1000 watt rms amp, and the series or paralel will depend on what amp you have.
I'd love to use a MT for every day use, but then again, I love spl!:-)

Silver Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 894
The MT makes for a really good SPL sub, but 1000wrms just wont cut it. I know a few guys that run MT's and they all say that SX's are louder in most installs until you get to around 1500wrms+.

Then the MT runs away from the pack. Its a power hungry beast. If I was gonna run an MT, i would have something like 2 kx1200.1's strapped or an orion 2500d (or 2 for burps :-) ).

will2673872638726
Unregistered guest
i want to play music {not burps} and i talked to all the guys over at RE and they say MT is for sound off ONLY and that is not what i want......... SPL that you listen to music with it as if i am asking such a strange thing?

Silver Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 895
RE SX + 1000wrms = great daily driving/spl sub.

:-)

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4128
I have RE MT 15". If you have 5 cu ft of space and large ports tuned to 35Hz - 40Hz, it will be very loud bass. I doubt SX can match it even at below 1000w rms. The trick is, according to RE tech, the large port area. The MT needs large box and ports to move lot of air, and reach maximum efficiency.

Silver Member
Username: Mike_anthes

Canton, SD USA

Post Number: 306
dude ok if you want good bass get 1 15" sx if ya want even louder bass get 2 15" sx's...they will be plently loud for ya and still have much better sq than the mt...thats my suggestion...

Silver Member
Username: Phuktupbasshead

Scottsdale, Arizona United State...

Post Number: 241
Just out of curiousity...
What if ported is not an option...
THEN, what would you guys suggest?

(Because I still haven't bought the sub I need yet, but I'm starting to feel like enough is enough. I've gotta make a choice! I feel just like this guy who started the thread. Eyeball jiggling SPL w/ music is what I desire!

I know the SX is for ported and DD is definately the same scenario, but sealed?
What do you guys think?

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2810
Sx... sql, RE MT, eye ball shaking spl... plain and simple.:-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us