SIRIUS on Alpine 9831 or equivalent.

Username: Bdog12

CA USA

Post Number: 4
Does anyone have Sirius Sarellite Radio hooked up to an Alpine 9831 or comparable Alpine HU?I'm looking to get this installed, and want to know how it looks, how functional it is, and overall thoughts on it. Don't want to buy the external unit, as this is why I bought a HU satellite ready...Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 1510
Satellite radio ready just means the unit can control an external satellite receiver made specifically for that headunit or series.

Personally, I would just buy a plug and play unit and hook it up via the Alpine aux-in adaptor.

Username: Bdog12

CA USA

Post Number: 5
I know, but I was just curious if anyone has, or has seen, this unit with the satellite radio running through it. I know I'll have to buy the 'guts' and have that installed. The reason I got a unit that runs the satellite radio was so I didn't have to have one of those plug 'n' plays mounted on my dash. I just wanted some feedback from anyone who has dealt with it in some way. I'll probably head down to the shop and see if they have one set up, and then decide if it would just be better to have the 'portable' device. I guess that way I could listen to it outside the car as well.....Thanks for the reponse anyways.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 1515
I'm glad you're going down to the shop because what you're looking for is extremely subjective...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us