It was cheap so i bought it but i need help making it better

Username: Pearlwhitebabe

Dallas, Tx Usa

Post Number: 1
i have a boss amp it is a chaos 900 it is supposed to put out 300x2 at 4 ohmsand 1600x1 watts peak power bridged. does that mean that the full load of two subs has to be four? i have two kenwood subs 12", the ones with the swirl on them. they are rated at 400 watts rms and 800 watts peak power each. now my subs are 4 ohms each so i am guessing the load is 8 ohms so my subs get 150 watts each. if i bridge my amp it gives 1600 watts and i want to wire my subs in parallel but (correct me if i am wrong) i think they will each get 800 watts which will burn them. so should i get a smaller amp to do this wiring technique on or should i buy two more subs to split the outpput again into 400 watts eahc. that is their rms power handdling but i wanna know if my theory is right so please help me.

Clownass
Unregistered guest
First of all, your post is rather difficult to follow. You make very little sence. It is clear that you are in a desperate need of help and that you know very little to nothing, so I will try my best to assist you.

It looks like you are affraid of overpowering your speakers and blowing them by giving them twice the rms that they ask for. Whether or not the speakers blow is dependent on how aggresive you are with the volume and what your gains are set at. So, if you overpower, turn down the gain on the amp and use common sence with the volume and you will be fine.

That Boss amp is more than likely over rated just like every other poorly built amp is (and yes, Boss is very poorly built ). I doubt that it puts out a true 1600 watts no matter how you wire it. You say that it is rated at 300x2 @ 4 ohms. That means that it will put out 600 watts when bridged @ 4 ohms...and dont even try to bridge it at any less that 4 ohms because it is deffinetly not stable (assuming this is a class AB amp).

"now my subs are 4 ohms each so i am guessing the load is 8 ohms so my subs get 150 watts each"

Are you saying that each sub is a 4 ohm SVC? If so, if you wire the voice coils in series, creating an 8 ohm load and the amp is in bridged mode, each speaker would get 300 watts...assuming that this amp does indeed put out 300 watts rms x 2 @ 4 ohms. Again, don't even try to wire the voice coils in parallel because the amp is deffinetly not stable.

"if i bridge my amp it gives 1600 watts and i want to wire my subs in parallel"

1) Your amp (and probably no Boss amp) will put out a true 1600 watts. So, don't even think you can get 800 watts to either of your speakers regardless of wiring.

2) DON'T connect your speakers in parralel. Your amp is not stable @ 2 ohms bridged.

"but (correct me if i am wrong) i think they will each get 800 watts which will burn them."

Uhh, you are wrong. Again, that amp will not put out 800 watts. Any amp COULD blow any speaker. It is all a matter properly setting the gains and end use.

"so should i get a smaller amp to do this wiring technique on or should i buy two more subs to split the outpput again into 400 watts eahc"

Neither. Like I said, wire your speakers in series and bridge the amp you have. That would give the amp an 8 ohm load and each sub would get 300 watts which is plenty. I am basing this on the specs you gave me...so if they are correct, then so are the power ratings that I am giving you.

"i wanna know if my theory is right so please help me."

Your theory is wrong. Do what I said and if what you told me is true, then what I told you will work fine.

Or better yet, invest in some decent equipment, do some research, learn a few things and start all over again from scratch.

Username: Pearlwhitebabe

Dallas, Tx Usa

Post Number: 2
ok first of all wats with ur attitude i am asking a question becasue i acknoledege the fact that i know very little and ur treating me like i am saying i am the best. and wether my amp sucks or not running my subs at 800 watts will blow them no matter wat. thats their peak power and peak power is a wattage that ur subs should be in temporarily and not really meant to run on for very long. and impendence load is 8 ohms that is why they run 150 watts each. i dont need to wire it in series because it would do the same thing. and i bought this because it was three hundread for the amp, subs, head unit and the wiring kit. and just to shut u up my amp is 2 ohm stable its just ur sucha hater u cant admit cheap stuff can compare to expensivestuff. ur probably trying to justify ur expensive equipment so u got to put everyone else down.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us