Diamond cm3 vs. alpine type-r

Anonymous

I curently have two 12" type-s, and i want to upgrade to something that has more sq and a bit more spl. I was thinking either two diamond cm312d4 or two alpine swr-1241d. asuming that i will be putting them in custom sealed boxes and giving them their rms power rating from a good clean source(rockford, most likly), which ones out of the two will give me the better upgrade in terms of spl and sq.

Anonymous

even if the type-r's are better than the diamonds, will the diamonds still be better than the type-s's overall?

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 284
a few factors come into play....
whats your price range? how much power can your alternator put out? anything else that may come into play keep in mind..

i would go witht the diamonds mostly because they make great stuff overall.. type-r's arent bad at all especially for the amount of power you put in them

you may also want to check out adire audio shivas, awesome subs work great in sealed boxes and cost $125 each from www.adireaudio.com but for the subs you picked, i would go with the diamond subs

Anonymous

will the cm3's be better than the type-s's spl wise even though the xmax is 2.5mm smaller than the type-s's?

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 303
type-s's arent very good subs...i dont much like them at all and they dont really sound very good either

diamond alwez has good subs and like daniel proved me wrong, xmax isnt everything in SPL - with only 2.5 mm difference, putting it in a larger sealed box will make allow it to reach it's limits with less power

Anonymous

thanks for the help, i dont like the type-s's much either but they were my first subs that i ever bought and they were better than all the other ones in my price range(and i got them half off), and back then when i knew next to nothing about car audio, i think i did pretty good, but now its time for an upgrade

Unregistered guest
Hey I Just got a 1241 Type S for $40 Australian, and was wondering the actual CM Demensions for a single "S" in a sealed box ! ?
Any help would be sweet thanks !
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us