Here i got some more amp ?'s for ya

Bronze Member
Username: Wink07

Post Number: 19
Well as you may or may not remember, i wqas gonna get a kicker KX 600.1, but then i got a Audiobahn A8002T, well my friend i was gonna get that from suckered some kid into buying it for almost 100 bucks, so i was out an amp. but heres my question, now that i am amp-less, i've been lookin, and right now i hav kicker comps, 150 watt rms 300 max, and i thought about going back to that kicker KX600.1, but heres the thing, im getting a new car in the future(3-6 mons) and what i was thinking of doing, is getting a 2 channel amp for my subs now, and when i get my new vehicle, i hav to get new door speakers, and when i will do that, wire that 2 channel amp to the new 4 door speakers, and get a new amp for the subs, so i was woundering, what 2 channel kicker amp do you reccomend? i was looking at some kickers on e-bay so far, but tell me what ya know. thanks.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
or what two channel amp do you reccomend at all? (it doesnt have to be kicker, thats just the brand i was looking into) in my price range of about under 200(on e-bay)

Silver Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 355
Why choose a 2channel ? , mon is what is recommended for subs ....how about getting a mono twice as powerful than what u currently need thats stable down to 1ohm so in that very near future u can buy better subs should u wanna upgrade those too ?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9904
how many subs are you running? 2 or 4?

for two Comps, you only need something like a 300 watt class D mono amp if both are 4 ohm or dual 2 ohm coil subs.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
im running two subs, but i dont think you cought the whole part, that the 2 channel amp is for the subs for just a few months, then im getting a new car, which then i will have to get new door speakers, so i am gonna wire the 2 channel amp that im looking to get now to the door speakers,(1 channel to the front 2, 1 channel to the back two) n then at that point, i will definatly get a mono amp, and maybe new subs. you see NOW why im looking into a 2 channel amp?

Username: Biteworms

Clearwater, Florida United States

Post Number: 7
You don't want stereo sound in your mids and highs? I'd recommend going with a 4 channel for your mids and highs and a separate mono amp for your subs. Or you could just skip the amp for the highs and get a head unit with a decent RMS rating. Both of these are preferable to having mono sound in your doors.

Username: Biteworms

Clearwater, Florida United States

Post Number: 8
Scratch that. I just re-read your post and understand what you meant.

Your subs are going to need more power than your highs. It would still make more sense to get a bridgeable 4 channel and run your highs off one channel each and bridge the 2 remaining channels for your subs. Then when you get your new car you could have your front and rear highs both in stereo. The difference in price would be nominal.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
hmm ok thanks

Silver Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 374
I was just gonna tell ya what wormbites said - get a 4 channel that puts out 100wrms x 4 @ 4ohms which can be bridged in to 200wrms x 2 @ 2ohms , so u can use it temporarily until later on .

U can't get good stereo separation with a 2 chan amp if u are going with both/rear stage speakers . I asked about this in this forum about 2wks ago & i was right , also my bro & I tested out this theory in his car & the improvement is very noticeable .

I personally am about to get this amp to build my new system highs/mids (everybody i asked said its good) & it'll work well for u too ....
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=14929

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us