Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 879
what voil coils do those subs have?

single 3ohm?

allende5
Unregistered guest
If I'm not mistaken, three 3ohm svc subs would present an impedance load too low for most amps. Wiring them all in parrallel would not be efficient, so I think the combination of three of these subs would not be a good fit. If you add a fourth 8w7, the 1000/1 would be a perfect amp. Wire series/parrallel for a 3ohm total load.

Bronze Member
Username: Homegrowncam

Watauga, TX United States

Post Number: 40
Now why would three not be sufficeint for the amp?Could I just go with three 250/1?

allende5
Unregistered guest
You would need to wire the subs together. You can wire them in parrallel + to + to + and - to - to -. This would present a 1ohm load to your amp. The 1000/1 is 1000w stable at 1.5-4ohm. So a 1ohm load would likely cause your amp to overheat.

You can otherwise wire your subs in series. + to - to + to - etc. With three 3ohm subs, this will present a 9ohm load to your amp. A 1000/1 can push a 8ohm load, however it would drop down to only 500w RMS. You would lose half of the amps power. This is why it would not be efficient, and this is only at an 8ohm load. I don't know what would happen with a 9ohm load.

Rather than going with three 250/1 amps (which would be expensive), look for an amp which is at least 900w stable at 1ohm. You should find some which would probably be cheaper than going with 3 250/1 amps (or even cheaper than one 1000/1 for that matter).
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us