Help With parrallel wiring and wattage output

Username: Usmcforlife

Post Number: 1
Here's my question...
I have a mono 3000wPeak/1500w Rms@1ohm amp, I want to only have one sub, so if i buy this sub with 2ohm DVC's and it's rated at 1500wRMS/3000wPeak, will this amp be sufficent to power it if I wire it parrallel? or will it put out 750w? if some one could explain it to me in lamens terms(i'm new at this) how to get the full 1500w. And does anybody have any suggestions on a sub to buy for around 250-300$

Post Number: 2
Alright i know this is probably a simple /dumb question to most but i'm a newbie and want to make sure i am doing it right. If some one could please give me some feedback i'd appericate it.

Bronze Member
Username: Mattman111

Keizer, OR US

Post Number: 41
wire the sub in parellel and you will get a 1 ohm ;oad and will get the full potential out of the amp. what brand and model are the sub and amp?

Post Number: 3
The amp is a Cadence Z7000 1500Wrms MONO Amp
I was looking to buy a MA audio HK12x2 Sub, i read some good reviews and for the price it looked to be the best choice, but i havent bought it yet, i was seeing if someone knew of something better for under 300$
Also am i gonna have any problems with my Alt, and stuff like that?

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 626
I would look around for a better sub, MA makes pretty much junk. Oh... and by the way, you WILL need to upgrade your alt, that is alot of power you are pulling.

Post Number: 4
Any specific sub? I dont really know and i'm just going from what i've heard from others. What size Alt. am i gonna need, and roughly how much is it gonna cost?

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 628
I would say you would want at least a 150A alt. And the price can vary depending on what kind of car you have. Just go to www.excessiveamperage.com and get a free quote.

Silver Member
Username: Bananakrill

Vallejo, California

Post Number: 178
Yeah I wish I called Nathan at excessive amperage. I bought mine from alterstart and have been treated like crap. They sent me the wrong length wire and won't refund my money. Then when I talked to Bill he said that I don't need to upgrade my 8 gauge ground wire, only the positive. I was shocked. Even the instructions say to upgrade the ground wire. So I used 2 gauge for everything. Now they are refusing to give me my GD money back!! $25 for a stupid 4 gauge wire that costs $10 for 2 gauge at Autozone. Nobody buy from alterstart.com!!!! Rip off artists.

Post Number: 5
Thanks for the response, but as for a sub to get, any thoughts on that anyone?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us