Zapco/Xtant

McClaren
Unregistered guest
How accurate are their power output ratings? Are they accurate, overated or underated?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4034
They both produce excellent amps. The power numbers are usually under rated by them. It is the cheap ones like Sony/Hifonics/Lanzar/Pyle/Boss/Pyramid etc that over rate by a lot.

Silver Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 752
They're both highly underrated, and produce CLEAN powa!!! (lol)

McClaren
Unregistered guest
So do they rate at 12 volts as opposed to 14.4 and thus the ratings are lower by comparison? RMS as opposed to peak? How exactly do they come up with the lower ratings? It doesn't make sence that they would intentionally put small numbers on their equipment.

Silver Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 753
Not sure, call 'em and find out. And they put small numbers on their stuff so you KNOW you're getting X number of watts (and then some :D).

Take for example a Mustang versus a Corvette. The Mustang advertises HP at the flywheel with nothing attached to the engine (AC, alternator, etc.) The Corvette advertises the HP at the wheels, all accesssories on. It's called net horsepower. It's just a better way for a consumer to pick betwen the two cars when they know this...

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 623
Yes they are both underrated brands, meaning they will say that you will get 1000 watts of true RMS power, but in reality you will get more like 1100 wrms or more. I know that Xtant uses fully regulated power supplies in their amps, so anywhere from 10-16v, you will be getting the same ammount of power all the time.

Bronze Member
Username: Homegrowncam

Watauga, TX United States

Post Number: 37
I would so go with the Zapco.The THD on those are so small its unreal!I have a buddy that has 9 Zapcos produceing 18,000watts!

Anonymous

I have an Xtant X 10001 and it is pretty impresive the sound quality is great but i havent heard Zapco I wonder how it compares

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4523
Companies like Zapco and Xtant drastically underrate their products. First, they rate at 12V, that lowers the power rating compared to 14.4V. And they underrate that number as well. The reason they do this is because competitions have power classes, say you're in a 600 watt power class and you use a 600W Zapco amp that really pushes between 700-800W clean. It gives the competitor an advantage and more chance to win competitions, thus getting the name out. It's a good way to advertize the product.

Anonymous

Dammmmmmmmmmmmm^ I got an Xtant X 1001 and i am pretty pleased with it Just opening it up You can see how well built they are and tell they are good amps befor even hearing them Plus they give you all types of options to control your sound and you can buy a lot of different upgrade parts to add on to the circut board for whatever you need But i havent heard Zapco just heard about them Either way they are both great amps and youll get way you pay for if not more Besides not many ppl have Them I have yet to meet anyone else with one The judges at competitons love it
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us