Isaac, wanna help me pick out an amp for Some RE Componants?

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3461
I'm gonna order a set of Resonant RE Components next week, and I'm gonna need an amp. Just wondered what your input was.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3462
How about the JL E series? Don't hear as much about the E series as the Slash. The E2150 should work with the RE's...

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3463
Or maybe the Zapco 200.2, or the Arc Kar 200.2... I like being able to afford a higher quality amp when I'm only powering a little set of components....

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4016
Joe, the E series isn't as good as the slash series.
Anyhow, the PPI PC/PCX series is a better amp. I personally have and tested the PPI 2300.2 PC amp. It produces very clean mids and highs. Not a hint of distortion. I paid $130 6 months ago. Don't think you will find better amps for that price.
It is 100% US made too.
The PPI Art series is also a great amp, if they're available. Although it doesn't come with any xover, the sound is very pure.
Orion HCCA 250 is also a great amp. I've tested my system with that too. My components are wired for 2ohm load, so with HO alternator, I get 100w+.
If you have enough money, then take a look at Zapco's C2K series. Well worth the investment.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3464
I know about the PPI's Isaac, and I have an Orion HCCA 250 G4, so I know about those too. I wanted a 225 G4 for components, but it just won't work the best for what I need.

I know E isn't as good as slash, but the 300/2 won't work for the RE Comps, and they don't go any lower.

I looked at the PPI Art's and PC's, but I wanted to try out a newer amp. I figured I won't be able to afford something like a Zapco or Arc for a while, so maybe I should get one now, since I really need like the smallest ones they make.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4017
What is your budget?
I found this Zapco. 5802807885, 5802808320,5803424128. This is the C2K 6, 5803064599.
Orion 275G4,5802767322.
PPI amp, 5801380091.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4018
You might also want to check out MB Quart amps.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3466
I really don't have a budget for the amp. Probably no more than 300 - 350. None of the amps in the auctions you gave me would really work. I need something a little smaller, the RE Comps are 50 watts at 4 ohms per channel.
I would try a C2K 2.0X, but the Referance 200.2 would match up perfectly, and I know the Referance series is still gonna be excellent. Another Orion 250 G4 would work too, but I want to try something different, and the 250's are just so dang big, I don't have a lot of room in my tunk left. The Arc Kar 200.2 also has the same power ratings as the Zapco 200.2.

Also, where would you place the JL E series amps, when compared to other companies?

Gold Member

Post Number: 4020
Okay, then how about this Zapco, it's C2K 1.0, 5802793293.
It's within your budget.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3468
Yeah, I saw that. That's one that I'm really considering. There's still 4 days though, I wanna see what else there is out there...

Gold Member

Post Number: 4023
Don't wait too long, all it takes is someone to click Buy Now button.
IMO, if you like/want something and you have the opportunity, then grab it. If not, someone else will.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3470
Yeah, I know what you meen. That Zapco would be perfect... I'm gonna offer that guy 200 and see if he'll end it early.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4027
You could try $200, but since his starting bid is $199, a better solution would be $225 (half way). No one's going to kill a deal for $25, well not usually.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4028
Have you seen the Xtant amps? For some odd reason, they're selling really cheap. I don't know why people would rather purchase Hifonics/Sony/Lanzar and other cheap brands over Xtant. They don't even come close in performance and quality. It's a shame. I think Xtant might follow the foot steps of other companies and start producing lower priced amps.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3471
Yeah, I know Xtant makes great amps, I just get a little leary when the prices are so low... Here's one that would probably work with the Re comps, as long as I keep the gains down, but it's only $149 shipped. That's almost too good to be true, for that kinda quality that is...

Item number: 5800799015

Gold Member

Post Number: 4029
That is a great amp. Can't believe it's selling for $119. In Canada, cheap azz Sony costs $199 for 222w peak amp. Doesn't make any sense.
I'd try and get the Zapco first, if that falls through, Xtant is a great backup.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3472
Yeah, I'm gonna try for the Zapco first, like you said. If I don't get it, I'll try for the Xtant, or maybe a PPI. Which Precision Powers models are better though, the Art's, PC's, or the PCX's?

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3474
Crap Isaac, I just realized the Zapco C2K 1.0x is 25 wrms at 4 ohms, it's 50 at 2. Why is the C2K 2.0x 100 watts rms at 4 ohms, but the 1.0x is 25? I figured they'd go by halves. Dammmmmit!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 4030
For PPI, Art Series, PCs and then PCX.
Don't under estimate the Zapco. It may say 25w, but it'll feel like 50w.
Remember the G4s? On paper it's only 50w but it sounds louder than 100w.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3480
Yeah, I'm sure it probably is underrated, but who knows by how much.

I had another guy offer me a deal on a nib set of re components, and a Monitor 1 2.70 amp. Glass said he's only seen a couple monitor one amps, and didn't know much about them.

I've heard Monitor was created by Robert Zeff, and it's made in the same facilities as Zapco and Arc, but I wondered if you knew anything about them.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4031
No I haven't heard much about that brand.
As for the amp, if Zapco C2K 1 is too low, then give Xtant a try. I've used and tested one, and let me tell you, it is very well made and designed. I can't believe how cheap they are on eBay right now.
It reminds me of PPI PC series when people used to just dump them last year. Now most of them are all gone.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3483
I have a feeling the Xtant is almost too good of a deal to pass up, but I don't know if that guy will seperate the Re comps and the amp or not. He offered me a really good deal, as long as the Monitor amp is what he says it is.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us