Got A Viper 791 XV, Where should I get it installed?

Username: Masphx

Post Number: 1
My camaro was broken into a month ago and a good deck was taken. My roommate works at Best Buy and said that he could hook me up with a good car alarm. I have no idea about alarms but he said the the retail on the Viper 791 XV was $500 and that he could get it for me for $190. Good deal so i went for it(60% off).
Well, now its time to get it installed. With the alarm i can add keyless entry( i have manual), Remote start, and from what i hear a very good alarm. For that upgrade to keyless entry I was told that i needed actuators installed on both doors. Best Buy quoted me $23 for each actuator and $50 for install for each door. Is this all that i need for the keyless entry? IS it a install that i can do on my own(is it hard), can anyone send me directions?
For the remote start Best Buy said that i needed a Remote Start Interface and the part or model # is 652T. Is this what i need and is this all that i need? If so where can i pick it up in Tucson or Phoenix AZ?
I'm alittle sceptical at letting Best Buy install it becasue i have heard and been told that the Viper 791 XV needs professional installation. I have an appontement to get it installed at Best Buy on Wed. Should I forget about Best Buy and get it installed somewhere eles? I don't know how to find a professional installer but Directed electronices (Maker of Viper) has on there website a number of dealers. Bestbuy is not on it but sells it? I want to get the best install but not pay $1000 for it. Any help for all this is welcomed.
Thx,Mason
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us