How to make a indash dvd player play while driving

Silver Member
Username: Thenoose

Post Number: 109
does anyone know where i can get a tutorial to kill the brain lol i heard ur supposed to ground out the wire to ur parking brake but im not sure exactly how any help would be awesome i have a jensen vm 9510

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3910
Instead of the parking brake, try the ground.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3911
Wait, it's been a while since I installed mine. Check to see if that wire is looking for pos or neg voltage. If it's neg, then use the ground, if not use the cig lighter's pos connection.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9254
it's illegal and dangerous to play a DVD while you're driving the car.
two kids in Alaska are being prosecuted for murder right now for driving headlong into another car while watching DVDs in their moving truck on a highway.

Silver Member

Post Number: 110
so that kind of killed my moood lol i just want it playing for the passengers im not goin to watch it even tho i know u dont believe me

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9259
oh I believe you.. I was just warning ya.. a lot of states have legislation on the books already or are passing laws to prevent the use of a player in the car while in motion. It's considered a distraction to the driver yadda yadda.. what they should do is start making them to where it disables the head unit flip up screen, or sets it to a menuing mode while external (back seat) displays can be left functional while the car is in gear.

Silver Member

Post Number: 111
hey glass i have a question for ya is tehr any way i can get a navi kit for the jensen vm 9510 like an external one that plugs into it like a xbox or something?

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9264
probably not since jensen was bought out and no longer exists.

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 222
Nick, wether you try avoiding the the screen your eyes will glance down once in awhile because curiousity will get the best of you while listening. i know from experience it is very hard to completly ignore the tv, so, with that said be careful man.

Glass, the newer units will not work while driving. GPS tells the unit the vehicle is in motion, there is absolutly no way to bypass this.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3886
thats a great thing:-) I have seen many many accidents of guys watching movies while driving that are not around today to tell the end of the movie. I am a firm believer of back seat entertainment especially if you have children:-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us