Spl

Username: Jakeyplaysbass

Post Number: 9
Can someone explain to me why people keep asking whats the best SPL sub when there using it for everyday driving...i would really like to know.

Silver Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 492
b/c they want something that hits hard, so they say SPL, b/c they equate an SPL sub for hitting very hard. when in fact, most SQ subs will hit hard as well.

Bronze Member
Username: Shawn_4

B-Town, Texas

Post Number: 34
Well i ask about a good spl sub so i can beat my other friends systems and show them you aint gotta spend alot to bump.

Bronze Member
Username: Camaro155mph

Post Number: 60
because its all about how insanely loud u can have it. Sure your not goin to drive around with it on full blast on even 2/3 power...but i like how its there if i want it. Its fun to show off. You have a friend who has never heard your system before and asks to hear it. (you are parked in your car) and you blast it until you feel you hair moving from the vibrations, your near deaf for those few seconds, and your actual ear drums start to hurt from you feeling them actually vibrate. You turn the system down, then you both get out of the car. Your friend is blown away by how loud it is, and he will always associate you with how loud your system is. Your friend is randomly talking to some girls, and they mention your name, your friend says, ya have you heard his system? its ridiculous. so then the girls want to hear it, resulting in you starting to talk to them, and if your Pimpp game is strong, than along with your system, your car (if you have a nice one) will possibly get you some play.... or maybe its just because we want bragging rights to have the loudest system such as I.

Post Number: 10
so you would rather have ur car sound bad and loud than sound amazing and be almost as loud...i just dont get that unless ur in comps making money or something.

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 493
but SPL subs do not sound good, they don't produce bass that sounds good with a song, unless it is a bass song. SPL subs are meant for one thing...loud bass....not clean, crisp, or clear bass, just noise, to win competitions.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 61
what would a JL W7 or type X be known as then? An SQ Sub? they are pretty damn loud to me. I don't necessarily want horrible sounding bass. I would want something that is loud enough to be heard loudly at about 500 feet away. Like if you pull into a parking lot at school and everyone looks over at you.

Silver Member
Username: Mikechec9

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 730
S. Q. L.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
sql?

Silver Member

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 731
but i would rather have a girl in the passenger seat amazed at how clear brian mcknight or chico debarge is singing to her.
then drop her off and appreciate a good loud Mobb Deep Infamous track by myself.
sql
just me though.

Silver Member
Username: Fordpwr

Los angeles, CA Usa

Post Number: 319
He never said anything about not sounding amazing jake papa, and I personally don't think there's anything wrong with having a loud system without being in comps. If someone wants to make money then you look for a job. Don't mean to insult anybody, just my take.

Silver Member

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 732
sql: high output sound quality subs

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 496
Sound Quality Level
basically MEATY SQ subs that sound really good, but like to bathe in the low hz bass lines:-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 63
the chics that come in my ride are more impressed with my motorized flip up 7" DVD Headunit than anything else.

Silver Member

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 733
i posted a thread earlier (below this one) "Subwoofer SQL revolution." i explained it in gist.

Bronze Member
Username: Shawn_4

B-Town, Texas

Post Number: 38
Which subs have sql?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us