Difference in boxes...

obviously need a box
Unregistered guest
whats the difference between a $180 Q-Logic box and a $30 generic box from ebay?

is there a big difference besides the price tag?

is the workmanship bad on the no-names?...will it fall apart in a month?

Silver Member
Username: 54danny54

Post Number: 927
they both suck...when ppl make em 2 ya specs for about 30 ux they soud great

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Ky

Post Number: 4721
the q logic box that is ported is tuned to high. and a generic box wont fit a specific sub. you need a custom made on made for your box or build one yourself. its easy and about 35 bucks

sure?
Unregistered guest
well..my woofer needs 1.75 cu.ft. and i found a Q-logic and generic one on ebay with those specs...

is there anything else i should go by when buying a box?

sure?
Unregistered guest
well..my woofer needs 1.75 cu.ft. and i found a Q-logic and generic one on ebay with those specs...

is there anything else i should go by when buying a box?

Silver Member
Username: Acevolkov

Springfield, Missouri United Stated

Post Number: 110
look for the material. I recommend medium density fiberboard (MDF) some crappy boxes use partical board and some people have made their own out of plywood (eck!). also, look if its edged are sealed properly.

Silver Member
Username: Letto

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 179
The enclosure size is one of many things you should look for to make a proper box. Just that will get you a box... and will sound, well, alright, to you or most people that listen to it. But if you really look into it, or have someone experienced design you a box for your specific speaker, and the type of sound you are looking for... the difference will be unbelievable.

Other than that... 3/4" MDF is the recommended standard for material, some say 1" for the front.

1.75"... is that sealed or ported? How big is your sub and what kind is it?

unregistered
Unregistered guest
ported...2 12" type r's

yea....
Unregistered guest
yea...ported...2 12" type r's...

still lookin
Unregistered guest
ok..if i get a box here http://www.klausaudio.com/caraudio/subwoofer_boxes/customize.cfm?productid=35

and im supose to have a slot port with these demensions - W=12", H=1.25", L=21" - for each sub

and it asks "One Slot Port Per Chamber tuned to __ Hz with __ square inches of port area...can i just convert the recommended port measurements to Sq. inches?...an wut should it be tuned to?

*bumps*
Unregistered guest
bump

one more try
Unregistered guest
one more try
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us