Small Sony Xplod Speaker Problem

Username: Danny_g

Post Number: 1
umm my sound system was working fine until i fiddled around with the speaker wires. I had my rear sony speakers running of my sony xplod head deck and i wanted to see if they'd sound better if i connected them to my 2Channel 300Watt Amp. But they didnt work. When I turned my deck on, half a second later it would turn off automatically and keep turning on and off repeatedly. I also have 12" Sony Xplod sub connected to the same amp and is bridged. Now when i connected my speakers back up to the head deck, i turned my deck on and it was back to normal until i realised theres no sound coming out of the speakers except my sub woofer pumpin on its own. yeh i know.......****!!! Anyone know how or what i did to **** up this time?

Silver Member
Username: Cnafets

Post Number: 102
Well for starters, you bought sony, not a good decision period. I would check your connections to the hu and to the speakers.

Post Number: 2
hmmm... i checked it bro, anyone have any other ideas?

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 1465
It sounds like the (+) and (-) wires are touching each other somewhere.

Post Number: 3
alrite i got colour codes off the net for my honda and found i did connect the positive and negative wires wrong on both the rear speakers. So i then tried to re-connect them to my amp to see if it worked this time around without the sub connected. But still i got no sound and plus i blew the fuse on the amp. So i said f**k it and replaced the 20V fuse and continued putting everything back to normal, I connected my rear speakers back up to the head deck and my sub back to the amp, and ended up with the worst result of all. Ive got no sound out of my speakers or SUB? WTF? Pls help.. =/
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us