Optimal Settings for System

Silver Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 319
Ok with my Pioneer Premier DEH-P470MP HU I have HPF at 50Hz, 80Hz, and 125Hz. I do not have an external amplifier on the speakers so what should I set the HPF to, to maximize the output. Also, what should I set the LPF on my amplifier to for my subwoofers? It seems even at 125Hz I can still hear a little bass coming out of the speakers. I have had some people reccomend using the 125Hz on the HU and an 80Hz on the amp but aren't I going to be missing frequencies in there? Thanks for the help!

Silver Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 346
125hz on the speakers
imo you should put the sub at 80hz, but what kind of sub(s) do you have and what kind of power are you running to them?
no, b/c the speakers have rolloff, kinda hard to explain

Bronze Member
Username: Infinity_addict

Santa Rosa, California USA

Post Number: 96
125 all. as in 125hz for the hp on yer regular speakers, and 125 on yer lp for yer subs - so you get cross rolloff (for flat freq response - assuming rolloffs are at same rate, 12dB/octave for ex.)

125 is a good crossover freq because it will cut off vocal information from yer subs (as well as protect them from high freqs) and will protect yer regular speakers from low freqs.

if you set yer HU lp at 125 to the subs, and set yer amp's lp at 80, yer amp will be the authority in rolloff. as in, the rolloff will start at 80hz (so as you get higher in freq, the subs will get quieter, imagine a downward slope. then the HUs 125 lp will steepen the slope further). an octave above 80hz would be at 160hz (yes the freq doubles at each octave).

Silver Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 320
I am still confused Muddywaters of why I won't be missing certain frequencies in there... Could you explain further or possibly refer me to an article that might help? THanks!

Silver Member
Username: Cnafets

Post Number: 108
http://www.bcae1.com/xovrslop.htm
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us