What would be best

Silver Member
Username: Kicker

Slave lake, Alberta Canada

Post Number: 149
i have 4 12" kicker cvrs i have one kx850.2 kicker amp runing them right now i was thinking of getting 3 more amps same as fist kx850.2 is that right or should i do something eles?

open for all opinions

Silver Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 426
you should first make sure your charging system will be able to power all of those amps

Silver Member

Post Number: 150
i plan on getting a ho alt before i do that, but no matter what i do i will need one because i want more power NEED MORE POWER lol

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 429
you will only need 1 more amp b/c your total sub rms is 1200 watts, and 3 more of those amps is agrand total of 3400 watts rms, thats overkill, and you will blow your subs, unless or course you have them wired at 4 ohms:-)

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 430
*your total sub rms is 1600 watts rms*

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 432
*unless of course*

Silver Member

Post Number: 151
do you know a site were i can learn about rms watts and just watts muddywaters? dont know the diff

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 433
rms watts are the amps "continous watts"
the rms watts on a sub is what the sub can handle continously,w/o damaging the sub
the max watts on a sub is what it can handle during a tone burst, which is about 2 seconds

Silver Member

Post Number: 153
cool so when looking for anp for subs go by rms not max watts make sence glad i did not spend all that money. but 2 ohms too 4 ohms what would be louder for comp 2 amps for 2 ohms or 4 amps for 4 ohms or would it be the same i know ohms is resitants so i would say the same is that right or should i read more

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 436
your amp puts out 425 watts rms x 2channels at 2 ohms and 850 watts rms bridged at 4 ohms, so either way you are still getting 850 watts

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 437
the lower the ohm load on your amp, the more heat your amp will produce, but if your amp is 2ohm or 1ohm stable, then it is ok to run it like that.

Bronze Member
Username: James_g

TN

Post Number: 44
Rigger,

Are your subs dual 4 ohm VCs?

If they are, then you just need one more of those KX850.2 amps. That amp is rated at 425w X 2 RMS at 2 ohms. You can run one of those for each pair at 2 ohms and the RMS wattage would be perfect.

Silver Member

Post Number: 155
yes they are dual vc 4 ohms i will just get one more amp i get what you guys are saying but to my q up there whats the diff just money by needing more amps because need more power for resitants not sure if makes any sence if not disregaurd and thanks for the amp advice save me $2000 and proberly 4 subs only canadian but still lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us