What exactly does a radar detector do?

Username: John_cochrane

Post Number: 4
How exactly will it help me from getting speeding tickets? How does it work? and what exactly do they prevent me from?

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 12988
It won't help you from getting speeding tickets, because if you are still speeding when that radar gun is pointed at you, you will get a ticket! What it will do is warn you that there are speed monitoring devices in your immediate area and that you should slow down, before you get tagged by the Highway Patrol. With any luck, you are not alone and that you have slowed down and that somebody else gets tagged before you do.

If the detector is good enough to capture signals before the cops see you, you can slow down and not get popped for speeding.

Username: John_cochrane

Post Number: 8
Yeah, obviously I can get caught for speeding.

Say I get a Valentine One for example (I know that is a good quality radar detector), it will let me know that there is a radar gun in the area before I get to the cop right? I'm a bit confused on how these things work exactly. If someone can give me a great explanation I'd be greatful.

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 12990
Go here for nice articles on radar detectors:
https://www.radarbusters.com/

Silver Member
Username: Splmonster

Nowhere, OH USA

Post Number: 754
basically they will buzz when they detect some kind of radar within a certain range 1 mile, 2 miles 5 miles w/e the case may be so when the thing beeps.... slow down may be to late, maybe not, just get one with the greatest range possible.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 6213
It's best not to speed. No radar detector works 100%.
They will not help you with cops using laser. There, if the laser is pointed at your car, you're busted. Lot of the cops are now targeting the speeders from the side. By the time your radar detector goes off, you would've been seen and detected by the cop.
Another thing, the same company that make radar detector, also make the radar guns for the cops. So think twice before you fork over your money.

Gold Member
Username: Freezeman_7

C.FREE

Post Number: 1324
v-1 ftw

Username: Mmohappy3

Post Number: 2
Unique from some suppliers who increase their charges using excellent Elder Scrolls Online Gold customer assistance as being the description and wind up a disappointment, GoDaddy's costs, even though expensive, is in sensible percentage to your suppliers they provide. Why don't you try out Godaddy's handled server and notice how well they cope with you!My blog site godaddy voucher code.http://www.viprunescape.com/

Username: Cind1960

Post Number: 1
Beltronics Vector V955 Radar Detector has new auto scan mode intelligently reduces unwanted false alarms...The black transparent screen fall and no one tell how to fix it..http://www.bestradardetectorreviewss.com/
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us