Need some wiring help

Username: Dneon95

Post Number: 1
Ok guys, i'm fairly new at this, so cut me some slack :-) I have an MTX PRO40X5 5 channel amp I need to power 4 speakers and one 10" Sub. I would like to get maximum power out of all of it, without burning up the amp. Here are the spec's on the amp....

25 Watts CHx4 into 4ohms
50 Watts CHx4 into 2ohms
100 Watts bridged x2 into 4ohms

Subwoofer - 100 Watts into 4 ohms
Subwoofer - 200 Watts into 2 ohms.

There is also dynamic power at 14.4v which makes everything higher. The problem is, I don't know what most of it means! I currently have it wired how you would logically do it sub -+ to where it says sub -+ on the amp, etc. Same with the speakers, and that's fine, but I have no clue how to adjust the settings. There is a crossover on/off setting. An X40 button, then freq and gain controls for the main unit. Then freq and gain controls for the sub, and set of speakers. Ive had it in my car for quite some time now, but I winged it, and it's not that good. Can anyone tell me how it should be set? thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Quickshot

Charlotte, North Carolina U.S.

Post Number: 68
for the speakers...turn the crossover on to high(if that is an option) then turn your head unit on to the normal volume in which you play it and turn the gain up until it starts to sound bad then turn the gain down a little bit(do the same thing for the subs gain) as for the frequency keep the subs frequency down while the speakers frequency should be pretty high...im sorry that im not much help but i dont really know alot about speakers although i do know quite some bit about subs

Post Number: 2
Well i kind of knew how to set it up initially. I turned down all the gains, then turned the HU to 3/4 it's maximum volume and slowely turned the gains up until it wasnt quite distorted. I just don't know what the crossover and x40 settings do.

Bronze Member
Username: Quickshot

Charlotte, North Carolina U.S.

Post Number: 70
you should go to the mtx website and get the manual for the amp they explain all the functions there

Bronze Member
Username: Infinity_addict

Santa Rosa, California USA

Post Number: 84
what are the specs for yer speakers/sub?

Post Number: 3
Sub is a 500 Max Watt MTX 6000, and the speakers are infinty Kappa 60.5 components which are 90w RMS max 270. I do have the manual for the Amp, I just dont know how I should set it. Doesnt really explain it all that well.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us