Which Cheap PRE-AMPLIFIED Head Unit really avoid using an Amplifier?

Username: Panamanian

Panama city, PanamaPanama

Post Number: 3
Which Cheap PRE-AMPLIFIED Head Unit really avoid using an Amplifier?

Please suggest some brand and model of head unit.
I DO NOT want to buy an amplifier, but I want to install 4 speakers (and a 12" subwoofer).

Which (cheap) headunit really pre-amplifies channels? (by self experience).

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 1285
"Pre-amplified" would not be a good term to use for the fact that it can easily be mistaken for Pre-Amplifier output-the opposite of what you appear to be searching for.

Any cheap headunit "pre-amplifies" channels. It gets expensive when you start adding pre-amp outputs. The Pioneer DEH-P3700 would be a good place to start.

Good luck powering a 12" sub off the headunit's amp, it doesn't even have the option to do so. If you used a pre-existing channel, the sub would not receive sufficient power anyway. So, in essence, an external amplifier will most definitely be required for your 12" sub.

grease
Unregistered guest
Try Alpine 7939, its old, but you need external amps, best thing is search for a mid to late 90's competition/flagship unit, from Alpine, Clarion. the Sony XES system is available realtively cheaply, and will blow virtually 99.9% of competition away...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1291
I'm fairly sure that isn't what they're looking for...it almost sounds like they want a pre-amp unit and are going to hook the speakers up directly to the RCA...

Username: Panamanian

Panama city, PanamaPanama

Post Number: 4
exactly, what I want is to NOT USE an amplifier, but have a head unit that could "handle the subwoofer".

also remember i have NO PLAN to change my alternator. it's stock from a mazda 323 (protegé) and it's 70A.

Bronze Member
Username: Gpz1100

Post Number: 50
Pan,

When you find one that can do that successfully, let us all know.

grease
Unregistered guest
oh right sorry, misunderstood.

you def need an amplifer, for decent sound in my opinion

Silver Member
Username: Supraspyder420

Sammamish, Wa U.S.

Post Number: 110
the deh-p3700 has a 70 watt sub output doesnt it? or am i all f@cked up?

GHansen
Unregistered guest
hey guys, i have a '90 F-150 truck, and i recently had a new head unit and good speakers installed. i am looking to install a 10" 600 watt performace sub, but i have to build a custom box out of MDF. also i need to add an amp, should i buy one with at least 3 channels so i can run my 2 speakers and sub? and i was wondering if the limited space will affect my bass.. also, can anyone help me with wiring techniques? i am a beginner but want to save the installation $$, i mean it cant be that hard right?? thanks everyone, help is appreciated

Gold Member

Post Number: 1421
You might be better posting your questions in the sub or amp forum, but the headunit would be best off with front, rear, and Subwoofer RCA output cables, yes.

The limited space shouldn't have much to do with the sound as long as you buy a nice sub and amp that use the space effectively.

Wiring techniques? You might want to be more specific...

grease
Unregistered guest
If you have no experience, get someone else to do it, trust me!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us