Have polk audio speakers... need some help!

Bronze Member
Username: Kdkd2020

Post Number: 28
I just replaced my speakers with two 6X9 polk audio speakers in my front and two 6 1/2 polk audio components in my rear. I do not get the deep bass that i was looking for... should I get an amp.. and if so which one.. or should i replace them with some infinity reference speakers or what do u guys think?? cause i love bass and need it....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
anyone

Silver Member
Username: Jaackdeth

United States

Post Number: 535
I would not go with Polk, I think you would have better luck with the Infinity series. And if your not using an amp, yes you will notice a difference. There are soooo many to choose, what is your budget?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
under 250

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
heres the thing.. im either gonna get just an amp to power the speakers... or get 1 12" sub with prolly 300-400rms and a mono amp just to power that sub. Should i do that.. or get an amp to power just the speakers??? I want bass

Silver Member
Username: Jaackdeth

United States

Post Number: 550
Well if you want bass, and that's all you have for a budget, then I guess I would go with the sub, but it is not going to be well balanced out, as your HU doesn't have enough the put out like you want. If you added a 4 channel amp, doesn't have to be that great, you'd like that better!

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 733
My first question is why do you have 6X9's in the front and 6.5 comps in the rear? If you have comps you will need an amp to power them properly.
What kind of comps do you have?

I have had just as much enjoyment out of Polk as I had out of Infinity.

If you had a decent pair of coaxials up front power by the HU, and small sub powered with around 350w it would blend okay.

However your best bet would be to wait and save up some more money so you could just buy better equipment all around.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us