Infinity Perfect 12 vs Rockford RFD2210

Anonymous
Hi Peeps

which sub is better for chart/pop music. .. ? I need something that gives a good punch,kick and slam! , rather than deep low down bass...

I will be honest and say that I haven't purchased car stereo equipment in a couple years, but I will try to answer your question from previous experience and the manufacturer's specs from thier web sites.

I used to be a total advocate of RF products.
I have owned several of thier amps and still use one of their older head units daily.
No real complaints about any of these products

I had owned several of thier OLDER-model subs at one point and was NOT happy with them at all.
In the end, I think the problem ended up being poorly designed cone surrounds.
In any event, I decided to move on to other brand speakers and have never gone back.

The last pair of speakers I owned were Infinity Perfect 12.1
These were the cleanest sounding, best built and highest quality speakers I have owned and would still have them in my vehicle if they had not been stolen a few months ago :(

on to the actual specs:
-12" vs 10"... the 12" is larger... bigger is better typically for subs

-alluminum vs paper cone... alluminum wins hands down, especially for probably life span and durability (I'm sure some people will disagree and say it effect the sound quality or something like that)

-enclosure size: both appear to work in small enclosures... both win in this category

-power handling: both also win for the ability to handle whatever you can throw at them.

IMHO I would go for the Infinity Perfect speakers simply because of the way they worked for me.

Whichever sub you decide to go with... make sure you use a good-quality, well-built box and power it with plenty of power since these things will definitly effect the way things sound

good luck and enjoy
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us