Odd problem with sytem

Username: Omen34

Post Number: 2
Ok, here is the deal. I have 2 Kenwood 12" subs in my car, powered by a Kenwood 1800W Amp, and i have a Sony FX5700 CD player.

Problem: This problem just started happening and I did NOT do anything out of the ordinary. The problem is my subs will hit like mad for no reason at all and i cant stop it. Even if I turn the volume to 0, the subs still hit like mad and go nuts. This is really annoying and it was so bad yesterday i had to shut everything off. I have no idea what could be the problem. I think its my CD player because its 3 years old. But I dont know for sure and I dont want to get a new one if its not the CD players problem. Even if I DONT have a CD in the deck, the subs still pound like mad. This is extremely weird and aggravating. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank You :-)

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 1366
Have you checked the ground cable on the amplifier to make sure it is secure and getting a good connection? I doubt the headunit is the problem in this scenario, though to test it, just unhook the RCA cable and see if it still thumps.

Post Number: 3
Yes. All cables are secure and im almost positive they are secure on the back of the headunit, because i electrical taped them all on their connectors. Adn when i unhook the RCA's from my amp, the thumping stops. Thr thump only comes from my 2 subs. more help is needed :-)

Post Number: 4
Bump. Please help, this is frustrating. I am going out today to buy a CD Player Lens Cleaner for my car CD player. Maybe that will do the trick.

Could there possible be some interference in the car somewhere that would cause this problem??

Post Number: 5
bump

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 1378
Try new RCA cable, if that doesn't work, get a new headunit.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us