Need help choosing some 12s

Username: Kris_p

Houston

Post Number: 10
I'm gonna run an MTX 801d (400W @ 4ohm, 800w @ 2ohm - 14.4v). I guess I want 2 decent subs or 1 good sub. Want to spend about $250 total on the sub(s). Taking all suggestions, (minus audiobahn, have heard 2 friends and I wasn't impressed). I want good SQL in a sealed enclosre I already have.

Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Quickshot

Charlotte, North Carolina U.S.

Post Number: 66
you can get a Type X which will work great with that amp
2 Type Rs although youll be underpowering them
2 Kicker CVRs will be powered perfectly

also you should forget the idea of using your current box and you should make a box for the specs of the sub(s) because a incorrect box can make even the best subs sound bad
ps: the subs were ebay prices

Silver Member
Username: Subzer0

Richmond, KY USA

Post Number: 697
I have my eclipse 15" AL :-) for sale. 240.00 with 2.5 cu.ft sealed box shipped or 210.00 for just it shipped. :-) it's a very nice sub .. and will give you some great sql.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 69
that AL is a nice sub..yo justin is it SVC or DVC

Silver Member

Richmond, KY USA

Post Number: 698
it's actually a dvc but the wires on one side were clipped off at the end and the other part were you put the wires onto it was taken off, so I guess it's a svc. ;).

Bronze Member

Post Number: 71
what the f**k? can you post pic of that because i want to see that sh!t...does it still work fine? like is it using one or both voice coils

Silver Member

Richmond, KY USA

Post Number: 700
it is using only a single voice coil. I have no pics because it is already installed before I could take any pics.

Basically one side has a voice coil coming to the ends of the sub and then it looks like someone seutered them off and took out the positive and negative things you pur the wires in to power it.

It works fine on the other voice coil though.. I was kind of sad when I got this one.. but still very happy with it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 77
why would someone mess the sub up like that thats stupid..you can probably still fix that though reattach the tinsel..solder it on then run it to the other voice coil terminal...too much work for someone like me to do too lazy lol

Silver Member

Richmond, KY USA

Post Number: 704
ditto ;). IT has six viewers with 3 days left and a bid of 2.65!!!

Username: Chrisk

Post Number: 5
You could also get 2 RE12's and give them 200 apeice at 4 ohms. I have my sealed, but if you go with two of them you should port them. They have fantasic SQ and can get loud in the proper enclosure as well.

I will sell my 15" Diamond Audio TDX for 275 shipped if you are interested.

Silver Member

Richmond, KY USA

Post Number: 709
hey chris .. you got msn or aim?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
yeah, i got both of them, but i prefer to use my aim name. I have Trillian actually. My AIM name is ffxdevilarms666.

Anonymous

WTF? wait so that means that its only half of its power? Say it was 1000rms, if the other voice coil dont work that means its only 500rms right? i dont get this so please explain right.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
Justin, whats your AIM name???
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us